Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Setting Notifications for Contact List Columns - Request

Atus Bartal
Atus Bartal ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

It would be very useful to be able to set Notifications for people in a Contact List type column. Right now it's only possible in the case of Reminders (there you can select either a Shared User or a Contact List - for instance an "Assigned to" - column): 

(Here is another vote: https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/template-automatically-sends-notifications-assignees-due-dates)

Thanks in advance,

Atus

NewReminder.png

NewReminder2.png

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Hi Atus! Conditional notifications are currently in development! Check out our product roadmap for information on what we are working on: https://www.smartsheet.com/product-roadmap

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/23/16

+1 vote to "contact notifications"

glad to hear that it's under development.  The more we can automate, the less we have to work Wink

• Atus Bartal
    Atus Bartal ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, Travis! I really like Notifications (my colleagues think I'm crazy), so any developments on this field are welcome. However, I can see only a kind of feature enhancement for better filtering on the roadmap: "Create advanced notification rules based on criteria such as Tasks Assigned to Me or Status is At Risk"

- Are these just examples or the scope of the development? Could the above request be a part of it? 

Thanks!

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Good question Atus! I do not have all the details on the full scope of this but I do believe you will be able to set notifications based on who is assigned to a task from a Contact List column. 

This discussion has been closed.