Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Problem looking at Smartsheet Google Caldendar events from MOBILE

Adam Aroeste
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

HI All,

When I look at Smartsheet created events shared to a Google Calendar from the computer PC/Mac I get a link that says: "Edit Smartsheet Rows".  It brings up a popup window and then login to Smartsheet and the data shows just fine.  Great Stuff!

Problem is from an IPHONE/MOBILE DEVICE using both the IOS Calendar app or the Google Calendar app I have the same event/entry titled "Edit Smartsheet Sheet Rows".  When I click on the details it just has a note stating "click the Smartsheet Icon to edit rows for this date".  No popup.  No data.

Can I view this data from within the calendar apps on mobile?  

FYI we are trying to get away from having to use the Smartsheet mobile app... our implementation was clunky to begin with and it would be nice to incorporate our smartsheet into the rest of "our" calendar world.

Thanks for the help/answers!

Adam

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 06/08/15

Hi Adam, its currently only possible to edit rows from the Google Calendar app on your computer. Mobile calendar apps will see the “Edit Smartsheet Rows” button as a calendar entry, which is why you see it on your phone when viewing your calendar. You are still able to view you tasks through your mobile calendar but if you want to edit them, using the mobile app would be your best option. 

• Hi Travis, has this issue been resolved within Smartsheet? My mobile device is still showing an additional event for each activity titled "Edit Smartsheet Rows." This is a problem, as it has inundated my mobile calendar with useless events that must be sifted through to view actual upcoming activities.

Thanks!

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Brittany, because the Google integration allows you to edit rows from within Google, you will see the "Edit Smartsheet Rows" entry in other apps. There is not a way to remove this while using the Google integration but you could choose publish your calendar using iCal. iCal is a calendar standard which most calendar applications support. 

One note with this, if you publish your calendar with iCal, you will not have the option to edit your rows in Google Calendar.

Here's information on publishing calendars: http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/en/portal/articles/775707-publishing-a-smartsheet-calendar-to-ical

This discussion has been closed.