Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Attaching Sheets to Sheets?

Eric Powell
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I'm using SmartSheets for residential construction project management. I would like to be able to attach a material takeoff sheets to rows where a material list is needed. Once done we could manage budgets and cashflow, as well as verify correct amounts, in the office by consolidating the material take off sheets on a single peoject while ensuring the the material sheet is discrete to what phase is in process in the field. 

Any thoughts?

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/31/16

Eric,

Do you want the Take Off sheet to be another Smartsheet or are you looking to keep your existing Take Off sheets (in Excel, I suspect)?

If the answer is second, the each row can have attachments. You can store them in Google Drive and update them outside of Smartsheet and have the changes reflected in the version attached in Smartsheet.

If the answer is the first, will there be more than one take off sheet per row or only one? You could provide a link to a prepared take off sheet which becomes the final version as the data is entered. You'll need to deal with sharing permissions, I bet.

AppSheet might be part of the solution. It allows multiple sheets to interfact and interface and can do so without giving sharing permissions away.

Sounds like an interesting problem. I'm sure there is someone in the Community that has already solved it.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.