Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Updating Rows - by way of existing Webform

Amye
Amye
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi all,

So I have a simple sheet, webform attached which is working well with no issues. Rather than updating each individual cell ON THE SHEET, can I bring up the row's information as a webform (or something similar) in a way that shows the information in that row (filled in the appropriate places on the 'pop up' webform), and simply update the fields that are missing/require updating, hit 'SAVE' and have that row stay populated and simply update or input the information that I have just updated - without affecting the cells that have remained unchanged?

Wow, that seemed so much simpler in my head... thanks!!!

Comments

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/07/16

Amye

The nearest is to right mouse on the Row, select Row actions and then select Edit Row.

Alternativly use something like Appsheet.

James

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/07/16

If you are still short of detail for the row you are editing, why not send an update request to that person and choose what columns they can see in their version of a FORM. They wont see anything else on the sheet, be that columns not requested or Rows not invited to update. :) 

• James - you got it! I knew I had seen something that looked like a webform, I think maybe I was 'clicking' over the attachment or discussion cell, thanks!!! 

Richard - thanks I have looked into the suggestion to limit the columns, that works a treat too! Chees!

This discussion has been closed.