Changes Made By in Notifications are confusing my notification recipients

krisreinertson
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

We were experimenting with sending notifications to people not shared with a sheet. I included one column in the notification. However, the notification has too many un-customizable links back to the sheet which are confusing to send to someone who is not being shared the sheet. Also, the notification contains "Changes Made By" and the email contact of the person who last changed the row. Please remove this. It is making our new process unmanageable by having random sheet users receive emails from non-sheet user notification recipients who decide to click the "Changes Made By" email address, which is not what we want them to do.

Is there any way to remove the "Changes Made By" and links to Smartsheet from notifications? If not, why not? This was fine when notifications could only be sent to those shared in the sheet, but is not compatible with notifications sent to contacts who are not shared in the sheet and therefore have no need to reference a sheet which they are not shared with or Smartsheet in general.

Comments

• Hello,

There currently isn't a way to remove the "changes made by display" or customize the notifications such that all links back to the source sheet are removed.

When you have a moment, please submit a product enhancement request (using the form under Quick links on the right of the community site) to let our Product team know that you'd like to have this feature added to a future version of Smartsheet.

• April Strowbridge
    edited 01/14/22

I'm experiencing the same challenge and I'm concerned that some folks will receive sensitive information. The change notifications also seem very random - sometimes you get them and sometimes you don't. How do we make them stop? Is there an update on this topic?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @April Strowbridge

Yes, there have been a few updates to alerts since this original post.

You can customize your alert to only send a Message, without including any sheet information. This will remove out the line that says "Changes made by". See: Customize the content of your alerts and requests

Cheers,

Genevieve