Attaching a file to a sights widget

Sally Osborne
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I have attempted to link a file (from onedrive) to a widget in sights and have also attempted to upload from googledocs.  When the user clicks on the link or file, the system takes them onedrive saying access denied or to googledocs online.  How do i attach a word doc so it is not connected to onedrive or googledocs?

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Sally, 

You have to use the option "Upload from computer" and then it will be uploaded and attached to Smartsheet.

I hope this helps you!

Best,

Andrée Starå - Workflow Consultant / Get Done

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Olga Sinitsyna
    edited 05/09/18

I am actually attempting to do the same thing and I cannot figure it out. I tried adding a picture and then adding an interaction with a file on my computer and that doesn't allow me to link from my computer only from Googledocs or Dropbox.

I am unable to add a shortcut because I cannot add from my computer.

Am I missing something?

2018-05-09 11_47_43-Accountchek Dashboard - Smartsheet.com_.png

• Laura Miller
    Laura Miller ✭✭✭
    edited 07/19/18

I am having the same issue. There's no ability to add a shortcut for a file from my computer. The only options to add a file are from Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc. I tried adding the items as attachments to my SmartSheet grid, but there's no way to select specific attachments in the Shortcut widget, only a sheet, report, etc.

The best solution I came up with was to build a report for the rows that contain the attachments I need and then create an interaction to open the report when it's clicked. From there, the report opens and the attachments are available (instead of filtering/searching through the master sheet's 200 rows). I don't know if I'm missing something, but if this is the best solution/capability, it's frustrating.

• The same problem, please add the feature to upload from the computer!

• Feature to upload from PC is broken. It only allows uploads from cloud services like google drive, Onedrive. Please help!