Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Messaging collaborators

Pam Tadsen
Pam Tadsen ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

With so many collaborators working at any given time on the same sheet (you can see when someone enters or leaves a sheet), has any thought been given - is it even possible - to having an IM-type feature whereby you could message others in the sheet at the same time?

We already have IM software internally which we use regularly. However, if we're sharing the sheet or workspace with someone outside the office, we would need to send an email in order to query another user or use the discussion feature in which case you need to wait to see if they update their screen and then respond. I'm not even sure others would find this a value-added feature, but thought I would ask.

Thanks!

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Hi Pam - great suggestion! I will add this to our enhancement request list.

A couple things, we do have a Google Hangout integration which will start a video chat with whoever is viewing a sheet. You can then start a hangout chat while in the call.

We are also building an integration with Skype which will also allow chat. 

• It would be great if Smartsheet could be a one-stop shop for project management to include live discussion for collaborators

• When will Skype for business be integrated?

• Evan Wilson
    edited 12/06/16

Has any progress been made on getting an in-app chat option on the enhancement list? I have seen a number of requests and would like to add my hand to that, as well. In my head I am thinking of Slack, Skype, Hangouts, etc. but an embedded version would be great, since different people on my team use different IM apps. 

• I would second the request to have a feature where I can send a one time email or notification to all collaborators in a sheet. Example: I have just uploaded or updated a cell and would like to immediately notify all collaborators of the update because it is a time sensitive matter that needs attention right away instead of waiting for the daily notification that automatically goes out. It is time consuming to have to write an email and manually add all the collaborators to which I would like to send that email and there's a risk I might miss somebody. If this feature exists, I haven't been able to locate it.

This discussion has been closed.