Box.com Integration Issues

Hi everyone, 

I am a collaborator on box for several folders that I use to attach items to SS using box integration.

Box.com made a change about a week ago to the permissions that they give collaborators. Ever since, I get endless prompts to re-authenticate to box as I navigate through the folders structure to attach items. I have tried clearing my browser history and doing cache clears as I go along but I am still wrestling with these prompts. It is severely hampering my productivity.

It also doesn't seem to matter which browser I'm using (Chrome or Edge).

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is there a fix on the way?

boxerror3.JPG

boxerror2.JPG

boxerror.JPG

Comments

• Mike L.
    Mike L. ✭✭✭

I am experiencing the exact same problem. sad

I've tried the same things and nothing seems to work. It is incredibly frustrating. 

• lisa.bolger27646
    lisa.bolger27646 ✭✭✭✭

I am too!  Can Smartsheet please address this?

• Yes - this is happening for us as well.  Can SS help?

• Mike L.
    Mike L. ✭✭✭

I heard back from my company's box admin and they said the setting for Auto expiration are turned off so this problem is not related to an expiration of permissions to a folder or file.

I can still attach files from box but I need to authorize smartsheet/box 6-10 times before it will let me attach.  I just keep clicking "authorize" sometimes using SSO and sometimes not. It doesn't seem to matter what I do.  Just occassional I can get through to attach a document. frown

• Mike L.
    Mike L. ✭✭✭
    edited 08/06/18

I like many of the smartsheet features. Unfortunately the integration with box is not one of them. Today it is impossible to attach a document from box. Several weeks and no solution in sight.  sad

• It's been a week and a half since we all started experiencing this deprecation of the product.  Box engineers have been excellent with me about guiding where the issue might be.  However, Smartsheet is being a bit slower.  I have an open case with Smartsheet support and our enterprise really needs this to work smoothly again. Has anyone else on this thread opened a case with support as well?

• Hi Mike: Do you have an open case with Smartsheet support? _Maru Willson @ LSC

• Hi Renfrow: Do you have an open case with Smartsheet support? _Maru Willson @ LSC

• Hi Lisa: Do you have an open case with Smartsheet support? _Maru Willson @ LSC

• willsonm57341
    edited 08/09/18

Today I heard from Ann, at Smartsheet Support. She indicated that the "fix for your issue is scheduled to be deployed during our next release".  However, no details about when that is. This is a big issue for our enterprise. We are fairly new Smartsheet customers so we aren't used to a release schedule yet like with our other providers.  I hope that means very soon! 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Smartsheet tries to release something every month.

The release notes are here:

https://www.smartsheet.com/release-notes

and you can get to the archived ones from there or directly from here:

https://www.smartsheet.com/release-notes-archive

Craig

• lisa.bolger27646
    lisa.bolger27646 ✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately no, I received the same answer that there is no specific date to fix this bug and that it should be fixed with the next release, and I would agree this is a big issue for our employees who are 100% Box users.  

• Mike L.
    Mike L. ✭✭✭
    edited 08/21/18

Case #:02940792 

There are other cases of Box integration issues and our developers are already looking into this. 

• Mike L.
    Mike L. ✭✭✭
    edited 09/06/18

This is still a huge problem for me. Has anyone heard anything about a possible fix? I've heard nothing.  

When the "grant access to box" screen appears I don't even bother to enter a password anymore. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. The one thing I've found is that if you're persistent and take lots of breaks in between authorization failures you can eventually upload document.  So my current recommendation is to keep clicking through the "grant access" screen, skip the password, repeat up to 10 times until you can load your document.  Pause and try again at the top of the next hour. 

It is better if all of your files are saved to box before you begin. You don't want to save a file to box, then try to attach it in smartsheet then save another file to box.  This seems to increase the frequency of the authorization failures for me.  Also watch the bottom of the box upload screen.  It should show your email address and a link to "switch accounts".  If you see "null", you're not logged in.  Click on "switch accounts", enter your email, enter password (optional - per comments above) and you should be good to try again. 

I'd say my success rate is improving a little. 

• Mike L.
    Mike L. ✭✭✭

Update: box integration has improved significantly for me going from completely unusable to pretty good. Still a couple of glitches here and there but much better. The box interface is rather lack luster but that's probably something to complain to box about.