Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Recurring sending of a report

Loann McGee
Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

We find ourselves needing to send a report on a recurring basis on the 1st & 3rd Friday of each month. However, when there is a 5th Friday, we'd like to have the report sent then, as well.

There is the option to send on the last Friday, but that would include sending whenever that's the 4th Friday.

Currently, I have to manually set up the group twice - once for the 1st Friday and once for the 3rd Friday.

Perhaps an enhancement could be to have the option of sending on a recurring basis every 2 weeks.

Blessings,

Loann

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Hi Loann! You are correct, selecting Last would send on the 4th or 5th Friday of the month. Right now, selecting Last would be the best option if you can live with some extra emails. I checked and there are 5 months with 5 Fridays in 2015. This means you would have 7 ‘extra’ emails on the 4th Friday of the month in 2015 (only 5 left for the year). 

I will pass your suggestion for recurring sends every other week to our product team! 

• Hi,

I know how to send periodically a report at a choosen people.

But I don't know if it is possible to change for example the periodically and/or the list of the peole who receive the report.

Can you help me please?

Thanks in advance.

Patrick

• Loann McGee
    Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can edit the occurrence, but you can't edit the recipient list. I learned this after having had the report go to several people. Then someone left our non-profit, and I had to inactivate the whole group. I then set it back up as individuals so I can better manage them.

That being said, an enhancement allowing the recipients to be edited would be of great benefit!

Blessings,

Loann

• Thanks for your response but how can I modify the occurrence?

• Loann McGee
    Loann McGee ✭✭✭✭✭✭

From the sheet/report that has the recurrence, go to the envelope icon on the top left and click on "Send as attachment." That will open the window so you can see who all is currently receiving the report as a scheduled delivery.

Beside the name(s) should be what looks like a refresh icon (the circling arrows). Click on the drop-down box and choose "Edit Recurrence."

Does that help?
    Blessings,

Loann

This discussion has been closed.