Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Send Update Requests based on a Contact column

Is there a way to send an Update Request based on a Contact List column? I have a large group of people and I need them to update their personal contact information. Rather than filling it out new every year, I would like them to receive it in a format where they can simply hit submit if none of the information has changed. However, I do not want to have to send out  several hundred individual update requests. I also can't grant access to the sheet to the group because the information is personal and confidential. Suggestions to help with efficiency? Thanks.

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I hope someone has solved this.

I keep running into obstacles

1. Alerts (both Notifications and Reminders) don't go to non-shared users

2. Row Update Requests aren't conditional

3. Reports to non-shared users are not editable.

There is something promising on the road map:

https://www.smartsheet.com/product-roadmap

for "Conditional Notifications", but I'm not overly optimistic that it will solve this particular problem.

If I doesn't, I may build an API solution.

Craig

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Conditional notifications will not send update requests, just notifications. 

There is a third party tool which can send update requests to the person in a Contact List column when triggered (for example, by a date column). 

Azuqua utilized our API to perform automated actions and this is an exact use case it can do. Check it out: https://azuqua.com/integrate-smartsheet

• This is GREAT news. I'll check it out. Thank you.

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Kristina, we have an Azuqua Customer Success Manager (Patrick) onsite to help us (and customers) with these sort of solutions. As an Enterprise customer, you can reach out to your Smartsheet Customer Success Manager for help setting this up! If you do not know who your CSM is, email me and I can look them up for you.

travis.hannon@smartsheet.com

This discussion has been closed.