SUMIF IF referred sheet/column ISDATE

CCBigelow
CCBigelow
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

Hey everyone, 

working on something that i am having a problem with

I have the following

=SUMIF({FSM - Help Desk Ticket Tracker Range 4}, $VlookupValue@row, {FSM - Help Desk Ticket Tracker Range 1})

This returns the value from the cell that i want to perform a specific calculation. I want to add more to this though. The SUMIF function should only return a value if a referenced sheet/column [Date Resolved] = isdate

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.(screen shots attached)

Value1.JPG

Value2.JPG

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Convert your SUMIF to SUMIFS. The syntax is different (I don't recommend using SUMIF at all)

=SUMIFS( range-to-sum, criteria-range-1, criteria-1, criteria-range-2, criteria-2, and so on)

Craig

• I appreciate the information. I believe this resolved my issue. I did not realize that the syntax for SUMIF and SUMIF was different until you mentioned it....i had tried to interchange them initially but obvi did not work.

formula is now as follows

=SUMIFS({FSM - Help Desk Ticket Tracker Range 1}, {FSM - Help Desk Ticket Tracker Range 2}, "Colton Bigelow", {FSM - Help Desk Ticket Tracker Range 4}, $VlookupValue@row)

It looks up the "Parts used qty" according to which person used which part and adds them into the field.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad I helped.

While COUNTIF and COUNTIFS don't have the same swapped argument problem, I recommend always using COUNTIFS too.

Craig

• Craig, I appreciate the assistance maybe you could assist further

I have multiple sheet running this and the above formula worked for that sheet when i tried to use same formula (syntax) to reference for another sheet and changing the name i get #INVALID REF

=SUMIFS({DPaddPartQTY}, {DPtechConfirmed}, "David Prewitt", {DPPartUsedConfirm}, $VlookupValue@row)

I changed the name of the reference but they point to the same things and i changed the name

any ideas

• Craig, Please disregard this request. It appears it may have been a parsing issue with Smartsheet. I refreshed my page after saving it and it is now displaying as is should

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Please report your experience to support@smartsheet.com

I've given them examples of this behavior and there has been no noticeable improvement (which is difficult to say with a non-reproducible problem, but I said it anyway)

There is some sort of delay in the x-sheet referencing that needs to be addressed.

Craig

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!