Dramatic loss in picture quality when posting to dashboard

L_123
L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I am having a dramatic loss in picture quality when posting to the dashboard. Is anyone getting this as well? I even added an outline to the words and you can hardly tell in the dashboard.

Capturez.JPG

Captureb.JPG

Tags:

Comments

• Javed Hassan
    Javed Hassan ✭✭✭✭

It looks like your image is really small. 358px x 154px. I recommend enlarging it (notice it's pixelated on this discussion as well).

I've attached a sample that's larger.

Sample.jpg

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I simply took a snip of both for this post. The original is much larger.

• I am having the same problem.

• Javed Hassan
    Javed Hassan ✭✭✭✭

I played around with this a bit more and found that when an image is uploaded that is larger than the intended size, SmartSheet doesn't do a good job of compressing the image into a manageable size. It was working fine on my laptop, but now on my desktop monitor, I experience the same issue of the image becoming grainy at smaller sizes.

I did try different image sizes, from 200px width through 1100px width, and none of them resulted in decent quality once reduced to a "button" size. And, of course, there's not any other good way of linking with text that looks nice.

• Javed Hassan
    Javed Hassan ✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/13/18

As a workaround to this, you can use the Metric Widget to link to a cell that contains the text you want, and then make the interaction a hyperlink to the form you want to use. You can adjust the text font and color, and size up to 36.

Side-by-side comparison below (ignore the fact that it's different text).

Sample.png

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

That means I have to have a dedicated sheet just for that purpose. I do not like the idea of doing it that way. Also I can't use the fonts i want because they aren't supported by smartsheet.

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I appreciate the help though

• This workaround is exactly what I needed! Thank you! 

I'm making a navigation center like the one featured at Engage 18, "Best in Class Project Management" presentation.