Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Limit View within a Sheet (using Web Forms)

Hello,

New to Smartsheet.

We would like to utilize a web form to allow customers to place orders/requests whereby the web form would populate the smartsheet for ONLY OUR INTERNAL visibilty/tracking of all requests combined.  Currently, when I test this I am brought back into the sheet where I can see ALL requests.  Does anyone know how to solve!?   One of the following would be ideal, but any work-around would help:

1) customer can only access the web form and nothing else.

2)customer can only view the new row they added.

We (the company) want to view/manage the sheet which contains other customer info as well as our statuses etc.  We do not want Customers to view this information.  Is this possible??  Otherwise, we may have to find another solution.

Michelle

Comments

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Do not share the sheet with the customers, Create a report for each customer and then switch in publishing for each report and send the url to thier report to them.

Alternativly buy sheets and set up a customer dashboeard for each and share the dashboard to them. 

Start with the first option, its cheaper.  If the customers then want more i.e stats etc then consided getting sights.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Michelle,

To elaborate on James' response.

1. Customer enters new information via WebForm

- you provide the same link to every customer

- WebForms are only data entry for new rows, not existing rows.

2. Create a Report that is customer specific

- you provide different link to every customer

Customer enters data via WebForm and views via Report.

Craig

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Another option is to use out Status View app which will do exactly what you are looking for. 

The user would submit a form and then see only row they have submitted.

We use this tool internally for IT request. We can submit tickets to our IT department and can view all our submitted tickets and their status - but we only see our tickets (rows).

Here's a link to the app: https://statusview.smartsheetlabs.com/

This is a paid add-on and in order to get access, please contact sales@smartsheet.com

This discussion has been closed.