Gmail add on issues (Chrome)

kmille37
kmille37
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

We are heavy users of this feature, and today it is not working. When you select an existing task or try to add a new task from an email, the circle will spin for a few seconds and then stop with no action having taken place. We've rebooted to no avail. Is this a known issue and is there an ETA for a fix?

Comments

• Hello,

There currently isn't a systemwide issue with the Smartsheet add-on for gmail. To troubleshoot this issue:

• Try using the add-on from another browser, such as firefox. If it works in firefox, you may need to clear cache/cookies in chrome.
    • Disable all browser extensions in chrome to see if performance improves. You can then enable extensions one-by-one until you find an extension that causes the issue—uninstall any extension that you find causes the issue.
    • Connect your machine to a different network and see if anything improves. If it works on a different network, then work with your IT team to troubleshoot any potential network blocking.

If the above doesn't work, please reach out to our Support team.

• Hi Shaine,

The only one of those we haven't tried is the network switch. I'll try that tonight. I reached out to support yesterday, but haven't had a response yet. All three of us are having the issue, and it started on Friday, so my money is on an update on one side or the other. 

• Hello,

I have the same issue. Suddenly I am not able to add any row to smartsheet nor update existing row from Gmail.

I can see sheets, rows in sheets, but when I click "add" button or an existing row, nothing happens - just a coloured circle is spinning for few secones.

The same behaviour I found in Chrome and Firefox. Cleaniing cache and cookies didn't help.

My colleahue located in the same office can work with addon without any hassle, so it doesn't seem to be a network problem.

• I am using Firefox browser. It is working so nice and safe too. You should try this browser. Whenever I got trouble with Gmail then I used to take help from Optimum Customer Service and my problem gets resolved quickly. You can contact them for proper help. It is very helping.