Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Comments on 2017-06-20 release

https://www.smartsheet.com/release-notes

(2) In-Line Formula help

Please allow means to turn off the feature (not turn it off after it shows up). If I realized it was always on when I was testing it, I would have said something then. I don't need to see it every time, so default to collapsed is preferred. I often need to see the area around the formula I'm entering. Don't make me click! Every extra click, an angel loses its wings.

Update: Never mind. It remembers the last time I expanded/collapsed even after logging out. So I only need to do it once per account (I think)

(3) Hyperlinked Locations in Sheets Properties.

Kudos and thank you.

(4) Logo move and change - discussed elsewhere.

(5) Other changes

- name change from Web Forms to Forms

a) update the list of topics in Community

b) update drop down in Product Enhancement Request form

c) while you are at it, consistency would be nice between the two.

d) maybe you'll recognize that finding and updating drop down lists for other changes can be a pain. I solve this with the API, but not everyone else does.

- rows now have IDs

I'm curious about this one. Anyone using the API can access these numbers using the API. I appreciate they are there now. Why not columns too?

Thanks for listening.

Craig

Comments

• Craig,

2. I know you crossed this out, but you're correct—the in-line formula help window should remember that you dismissed it even after you log out. (This is per each of your accounts.) If you find that it stops remembering your setting, contact the Support team.

5.a. Working on getting the "Web Forms" tag changed to "Forms" when making a new thread. 

5.b. Dropdown for the Enhancement Request form was updated.

5.d. I'm not sure what you mean by this one, since Columns IDs exist: https://smartsheet-platform.github.io/api-docs/#columns I'm likely not understanding you, care to elaborate?

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Shaine

(2) I will.

(5d) Sorry the formatting was poorly chosen.

There were two items under 5 (Other). The first had 4 items (a-d). The second had only one.

- rows now have IDs

I'm curious about this one. Anyone using the API can access these numbers using the API. I appreciate they are there now. Why not columns too?

The new feature is to show the Row ID in the Row Menu. Both Row Id and Column ID can be found using the API. Now you can get the Row ID from the GUI. But not the Column ID. I don't see a reason why one was added, but not both.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.