Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Email Reminder When Task is 100% Complete

jjbennett
jjbennett ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Is there a way to automatically send a email when a tasks completion column is changed to a 100 % complete?

Comments

• John Sauber
    John Sauber ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Not directly. You can make a new column of type "Checkbox" and put a formula in it which checks the box when the percent complete column equals 100%. You can then make a notification based on that checkbox.

• Can you provide instructions on how to set that up? Thanks

• John Sauber
    John Sauber ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I just did tell you how to set it up Cool, but I'm not going to do the work for you, that's why you're being paid! You'll need an IF() statement in your formula.

Read this help article.

See line 121 here.

• Hello JJ,

Another way that you can receive email reminders is through the use of an outside source, specifically an integration platform. One such platform is called Azuqua, for whom I work. With Azuqua, users can define a rule to monitor for changes to data in a Smartsheet and then trigger an action such as an e-mail when a condition is met such as task completion is 100%.  Azuqua can integrate multiple applications with your Smartsheet  such as Gmail, Dropbox, and Salesforce to name a few.  Azuqua also has various functions to manipulate and/or organize data in the way that you need. You can try out our integration platform for free with our 14-day free trial at http://www.azuqua.com/

This discussion has been closed.