Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

How do you write formula so that IF checkbox is checked, the percent complete is 100%

Ben DW
Ben DW
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I am trying to make it easier by having a checkbox = 100% rather than manually writing 100% to fill out my gantts

I have failed at this. The name of my checkbox column is "Done"

So what should my formula look like?

All of these are failing

'=IF([Done15 = 1], 100%)

=IF([Check Column] = 1, 100%)

Help?!

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ben,

If Dependencies are enabled, you can't add a formula to the [% Complete] column used by the Gantt chart.

If you turn off Dependencies, you can add the formula but Durations and Predecessors (and Resource Management if that is enabled) won't work.

For the second case:

=IF(Done15, 1, 0)

will give you 100% if the column is formatted for % (which [% Complete] is).

1 = 100% 

Hope this helps.

Craig

• thank you so much!

Is there an equation so I can make it apply to every row automatically, something like  =IF(Done[Row_Number], 1, 0) ?

Your help is awesome

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ben,

When you copy the formula from one cell to another, the formula will update to point to the new row (called a relative reference)

Craig

• I have a similar issue but different. :)

I want to add 100% to my % Complete column if the To do checkbox is checked. The To do checkbox is checked automatically when I put yes or no in my edit column. 

See here: 

=IF([To do]16 = 0, [% Complete]18 = 100, 0)

I can get it to put a number in the column where I am typing the formula but can I get it to put the percentage in the child row of the row hierarchy?

Thanks,

Capture.JPG

This discussion has been closed.