Cell linking

Discussion List

• Creating automated row for smartsheet
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    Hey there,   Is there anyway to make a row on a document I have created on my smartsheet to have an automated function that, when that row is merged via google docs, the original document on smartsheet has this noted.   For instance, I…
    42 2
    Closed 42 views 2 comments Most recent by Alina Anderson Archived 2015 Posts
  • External References
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    Hello,   I would like to create two separate sheets where in the second sheet I can make reference to cells in the first sheet.  Is this possible and if so, will the data update automatically in sheet 2 when sheet 1 is altered.   Thank…
    29 1
    Closed 29 views 1 comment Most recent by J. Craig Williams Archived 2015 Posts
  • How to link appended cells /row in source sheet to destination sheet
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    Hi,   I have ben able to learn how to link cells from source sheets to destination sheets and observed auto refresh in destination sheetfor teh cells linked already. My query is, if additional cells/rows are appended in source sheets ( …
    35 3
    Closed 35 views 3 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams Archived 2015 Posts
  • baseline - actual dates
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    This post is in regards to this post below.  I would like to get in touch with Jeremy michels to see if he will share the sheets he references with me.Any help will be appreciatedThanks so muchLouise Jeremy Michels601 ptsApril 5, 2015 8:30…
    46 1
    Closed 46 views 1 comment Most recent by Travis Archived 2015 Posts
  • Creating a Summary View Sheet
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    I have a sheet which has information on Projects and Activities my team are working on across the whole of my region.   If has columns such as Activity Title, Person, Region, Partner, Status     This shee it great but I would like to cr…
    64 1
    Closed 64 views 1 comment Most recent by Zack S Archived 2015 Posts
  • Tracking Assigned Tasks
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    Dears,   How to view a specific person tasks on smartsheet, i assign multiple tasks for multiple users so what is the best way to keep informed or to check the update of a specific person tasks.   Thanks.    
    4 1
    Closed 4 views 1 comment Most recent by JamesR Archived 2015 Posts
  • Automate archiving of completed tasks
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    I've copied a sheet of "Current Tasks" so that I can use the copy to archive my "Completed Tasks," otherwise they just fill up my task sheet.   I notice that there's a feature for linking cells, but I'm trying to figu…
    1391 7
    Closed 1.4K views 7 comments Most recent by Patrick Lawler Archived 2015 Posts
  • Best Practices in a large project
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    I am new to Smart Sheet (and loving it!) I am working with our annual meeting planning which includes everything from location search, contract signing, registration, etc. etc.    I can't decide whether this is all one sheet or whether i…
    179 3
    Closed 179 views 3 comments Most recent by Sally Mainprize Archived 2015 Posts
  • Cell linking from Project to Project
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    Hello, when linking a cell from one project to another, is there anyway to have a lag - negative, for the task to start before then end of the linked cell or positive to have a delay.   Also, while I'm posting can a task be linked to a t…
    114 3
    Closed 114 views 3 comments Most recent by Travis Archived 2015 Posts
  • Looking for some suggestions or Ideas
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    We have been using Smartsheet for a few months now and want to enhance what we do.   We run our customer projects on Smartsheet (all working fine).   We would like to create a Change Control Web Form, however we want to pick up the Cus…
    34 2
    Closed 34 views 2 comments Most recent by SoniaR Archived 2015 Posts