Cell linking

Discussion List

• Task completion updates
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    Hi, I have created a production schedule sheet which is viewed by the guys in the workshop. I'm trying to find the best way for them to give me updates on task completion. I dont want to give them editor access to the sheet because this th…
    12 4
    Closed 12 views 4 comments Most recent by Kevin Jacques Archived 2015 Posts
  • Rollup report missing rows
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    Can't figure this one out. Hoping someone can help.   I have 6 sheets for various projects we are working on. Each sheet has at least one level of heirarchy and some have up to 3 (parent/child/grandchild?).   I have used cell linking t…
    31 1
    Closed 31 views 1 comment Most recent by Greg Hawk Archived 2015 Posts
  • Drop Down Lists
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    I am new to smart sheets and way behind my fellow community members level.   I have a database spreadsheet for tracking new product development.   Question: can you incorporate a drop down list into a smartsheet.   Appreciate your ad…
    1222 2
    Closed 1.2K views 2 comments Most recent by JohnHinkle Archived 2015 Posts
  • Absolute record references
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    Is there a convenient way to assign a fixed reference to a record that remains the same even if new rows are added or deleted anywhere above the record?  Something like linking cells from another sheet, only within the same sheet, may work…
    1536 2
    Closed 1.5K views 2 comments Most recent by YouReachedEd Archived 2015 Posts
  • How to merge the tasks from multiple sheets for a single user ?
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    Hi   I am uding smartsheet to manage the opening of stores in several countries and I invite my internal staff with our franchisee's staff in a a sheet which is a Micro-Planing with 175 tasks to be executed for a neat store opening.   …
    81 1
    Closed 81 views 1 comment Most recent by Richard Rymill SBP Archived 2015 Posts
  • Linking for resource tracking
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    Hi, I'm using rows linking when one task is needed for different projects. The Allocation % field is linked as well in such situation. The problem is that Smartsheet treats linked allocations as two different tasks and adds allocations, in…
    41 1
    Closed 41 views 1 comment Most recent by Sam S Archived 2015 Posts
  • linking cell data across multiple sheets to capture changes made on master sheet
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    ex.   Master Sheet - all changes, updates and final information Trailer Sheet - info from Master gets copied to trailer Avail Sheet - info from Master gets copied to avail   Is there a way I can ensure that my data changes on the mas…
    21 3
    Closed 21 views 3 comments Most recent by Tanya Watts Archived 2015 Posts
  • smartsheet and Enfocus Switch integration
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    I'm a new user and with my basic understanding I can see the potentential of Smartsheet and Switch downstream. For example the data from a form could be picked up by Switch using email notifications. My question; has anyone managed the rev…
    64 1
    Closed 64 views 1 comment Most recent by Travis Archived 2015 Posts
  • AIA Forms
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    We use an AIA form process for the pay applications in our industry. I am wondering if anyone else has been able to implement an AIA form in a sheet?
    41 1
    Closed 41 views 1 comment Most recent by Travis Archived 2015 Posts
  • Next working day calculation
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    Context: I've a Smartsheet that, given an agile software release number in the form of Year.Week.SubVer that calculates the release date based upon the first Monday of the Year (SubVer = Day of week, 1=Monday, 2=Tuesday), so 2015.18.1 = 4/…
    112 1
    Closed 112 views 1 comment Most recent by Travis Archived 2015 Posts