Enhancement Request

Discussion List

• Convert Text to Number?
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    Is there a way in a Smartsheet column to convert a Text value into a Numeric value?   For example, I have a column called "Duration", formatted as a "Text/Number" column type, and I have values in that column that are…
    1151 4
    Closed 1.2K views 4 comments Most recent by David Bright Archived 2015 Posts
  • ✓ ✖ ➜ easily inserting symbols?
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    In SmSh, it is great we can use symbols in the text cells, and also in formulas like =IF(FIGURE7 < 20, "☺", "♛")   But could we get an "Ω" button to make it quicker than copy-paste from google docs? ✓✫↔…
    Closed 11 views 1 comment Most recent by Travis Archived 2015 Posts
  • Time Logger - Cell History
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    Is it possible to show time spent on a particular project? The data is already there within the cell history - it just need to be extracted somehow.   The below data tells me the task has been "in progress" for 1 minute - 21.06…
    Closed 21 views 3 comments Most recent by Travis Archived 2015 Posts
  • Feature Request: Rank order macro
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    We recently migrated from a google doc to smartsheet for tracking a project portfolio.  Google docs offered the ability to apply a Rank Order macro to let us sort the list based on a calcuated priority score for each project in the list.  …
    Closed 82 views 6 comments Most recent by Jeremy Michels Archived 2015 Posts
  • Feature Request - Ability to Email locked fields in the auto-response
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    We are attempting to use Smartsheet to aggregate some of our quality data. Users score customer interactions and will utilize a web form to populate a Smartsheet. The sheet contains formulas that calculate the actual scores (in a few categ…
  • Simple text field option
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    For a specific row I want to add some notes, more notes than the note column will take, can't use the discusssion option because I want to be able to edit these notes, don't want to attach a googledoc because it just takes too long and I w…
    131 4
    Closed 131 views 4 comments Most recent by Energy Kick Archived 2015 Posts
  • Attached Documents and Conflicted Copies
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    On occasion, our functional teams need to edit/add/subtract information from documents attached to specific project lines. The version history information helps us untangle the “conflicted copy” mess we get into sometimes and it seems that…
    Closed 11 views 2 comments Most recent by Travis Archived 2015 Posts
  • Need to Receive Out of Office Replies for Update Requests
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    I created a Smartsheet to collaborate with a department that is in another facility.  The nature of our collaboration can be time-sensitive, and when someone is out of the office we need to know.  The process that currently exists is to us…
    Closed 41 views 2 comments Most recent by Tim Williamson Archived 2015 Posts
  • linking existing discussion to task
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    I just got started with Smartview and created a few discussions.  Then I wanted to link those to a task.  Can't quite figure out how to do that.   Later, I found out I could create a discussion from the task line which will then show up …
    11 1
  • Microsoft Project Import
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    Hi All,    I use smartsheets mostly as a project management system for my clientbase. Most of my clients reuiqre porject schedules to be in Microsoft porject and I prefer doing my plans in MSP as it has much more funcatonality in terms o…
    Closed 541 views 5 comments Most recent by Richard Rymill SBP Archived 2015 Posts