Technology

Discussion List

• Cross-project Date Dependencies
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    Hi,    The Help page on Cell Linking says ( in the first paragraph ) that it's possible to do 'cross-project date dependencies.'  Sounds like just what I need! But I can't figure out how.    Does anyone know? I have several project wit…
    258 3
    Closed 258 views 3 comments Most recent by JamesR Archived 2015 Posts
  • Recurring Reminders
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    Team,   Is there any way to set up recurring reminders on individual tasks?  Thanks you!
    52 3
    Closed 52 views 3 comments Most recent by Travis Archived 2015 Posts
  • Pull Down Menu Options from Common Source/Sheet
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    All,    I am using Smartsheets to track time, and have run into an issue that I have to believe there is a workaround for. We need our associates to track their time with specific job and client IDs. This can be done by making the time tr…
    BPI Profile Photo BPI
    117 2
    Closed 117 views 2 comments Most recent by BPI Archived 2015 Posts
  • Web Form - Weekly Project Updates
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    Is there a way to create a WebForm that would allow my Project managers to do Weekly updates on each "sheet" or project?   If so, Can that information be placed in a central point? It  appears I can only create a webform that u…
    61 1
    Closed 61 views 1 comment Most recent by SoniaR Archived 2015 Posts
  • Minutes of meeting
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    I am looking for a template to do minutes of meeting in smartsheet. The purpose is to pull out the tasks out of various MOM or other sheets and be able to pull a report for all my open tasks - no matter where they are. Minutes of meeting…
    MF Profile Photo MF
    357 2
    Closed 357 views 2 comments Most recent by Matt Stofka Archived 2015 Posts
  • How do I link Cells to assign people?
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    In the sheet shown below I have some tasks assigned to specific people regardless of who is hired. Other tasks get assigned based on who the manager of the new hire is  (see "manager" in the assigned to field). I have added a row…
    190 4
    Closed 190 views 4 comments Most recent by JBogert Archived 2015 Posts
  • Convert Text to Number?
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    Is there a way in a Smartsheet column to convert a Text value into a Numeric value?   For example, I have a column called "Duration", formatted as a "Text/Number" column type, and I have values in that column that are…
    2568 4
    Closed 2.6K views 4 comments Most recent by David Bright Archived 2015 Posts
  • Make Stars yellow by Default
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    I am creating a New Hire Checklist and one of the columns is called required. If that row's task is required the start will be checked and show up yellow. How do I make all the starrs in the required colum yellow by default? So we have to …
    64 2
    Closed 64 views 2 comments Most recent by JBogert Archived 2015 Posts