Using Smartsheet

Want to know more about using forms? Interested in better understanding automation? Want to see what's possible with dashboards? Post your question or discussion to Using Smartsheet.

Discussion List

• Need for darker lines and dates on printed calendars
    In Using Smartsheet
    I export my shipping dates to a sheet that presents the data as a calendar that is printed and posted for our shipping packers and loaders.  This is a great tool for allowing those on the team who are not on the computer to plan their work…
    136 1
    136 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
  • Time based totals
    In Using Smartsheet
    We use Smartsheets for project management. We have about 100 projects of short duration that span over several months. We would like to assign staff to each project then be able to see how many staff members are needed during a given week.…
    19 1
    19 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood
  • Reminder Email of No Use
    In Using Smartsheet
    As is possible with notifications, is there not a way to set which columns are included in a reminder?  As you can see from my screen shot using a sheet I've created with many columns, I have no use for the reminder because I can't read it…
    27 4
    27 views 4 comments Most recent by Matthew Harrison
  • Another parent-child condition format scenario
    In Using Smartsheet
    I've search Community and found several very excellent formulas that fall into the parent-child conditional format category; however, they rely on a checkbox type to function. In my scenario, the child row has a conditional format that whe…
    91 2
    91 views 2 comments Most recent by WaterShield
  • Master Project Link Help
    In Using Smartsheet
    I am trying to create a master sheet with certain information from 20+ other sheets. Each row of the master sheet will be specific to one project with various dates that need to be tracked shown in each column.   Is there a way to make e…
    4 5
    4 views 5 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Production Data Report
    In Using Smartsheet
    I am looking for help on setting up a dashboard of sorts to summarize monthly production data. What I have now in excel is that I can select a month from a drop down menu, and then the data fills into several tables I have made based on t…
    41 1
    41 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Large amounts of free text
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hi, I am trying to use smart sheet to manage a research project. What I really want to have is a row that is the "aim of the project" with no task assigned to it. I also then want to list the team members involved, but do not wan…
    15 1
    15 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Reports - Hide Data from Master Sheet
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hello, It is my understanding, that in order to share a report and allow for users to also make edits within the report, that they also have to have visibility of the master sheet that the report is pulling data from.  Is it possible to …
    2 1
    2 views 1 comment Most recent by mmacalvey
  • Web form and linking
    In Using Smartsheet
    Dear all, right now I am struggling a bit as I'd like to implement a web form that is forwarding information into a master table from which the new added row should be directly linked to further sheets to be evaluated and qualified. I ha…
    236 4
    236 views 4 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå
  • Copying Links of a single cell to multiples on another sheet
    In Using Smartsheet
    Has anyone else had a problem copying a link to one reference cell to multiples on another sheet? We have the problem of trying to link a single reference number on a master sheet to a group of candidates on a second sheet. Functionality-…
    66 2
    66 views 2 comments Most recent by John S DD