Formulas and Functions

Archives for January 2018

Discussion List

• Weekday Formula Error?
    In Formulas and Functions
    Hello all! I've been trying to create a time entry sheet like many others, but am running into an error with the Weekday() formula. I'm using the formula on a system column for the date/time the row was created. I have an entry for 01/22…
    141 4
    141 views 4 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday Formulas and Functions
  • Formula for SUM by the category
    Unfortunately couldn't find the solution here.  I'm just looking for a formula that will allow me to count total sum by the category of a product.  Basically, I have two columns: first is the Dropdown list with the category of a product,…
    535 6
    535 views 6 comments Most recent by Y. Czerski Formulas and Functions
  • Formula on Children
    This is likely an elementary question, but I am having a challenge to get the formula for the Count of Children when I have the formula, for example, in a column B cell and I want to count the children of column A.  What am I doing wrong?
    636 5
    636 views 5 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • Saving original cell value in another cell
    I have a cell that holds a target date (Target Go-Live Date) and another cell that I want to hold the original date entered in the target date cell.  This way if the Target Go-Live Date is changed, the other cell (Original Target Date) has…
    94 2
    94 views 2 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams Formulas and Functions
  • linking two columns togther
    Hello Everyone,   I have two columns, one has the name of the customer "name" and the other column has the number we assigned to the customer "number".  I am trying to link these two for example, let us say if I type …
    112 1
    112 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood Formulas and Functions
  • Adding Nested IF Statement to Formula
    I have a formula that calculates the "Planned % Complete" based on start and end date, with no weighting. We use it as a general guide because there is no planned % complete provided by Smartsheet. Formula: =IF(Start14 >= TOD…
    81 1
    81 views 1 comment Most recent by Robert S. Formulas and Functions
  • Deadline based on Priority dropdown menu
    Hello all, I am using SS to process work orders. People fill out a form which has a priority dropdown column with classifications such as urgent, semi urgent, can wait etc... I wanted to see if i could write a formula in the deadline colu…
    31 2
    31 views 2 comments Most recent by 203jk Formulas and Functions
  • Formula to change RYGG balls when Project Stage changes
    I am new to SS and I am trying to automate the Project Status Red, Yellow, Green & Gray balls to change to the correct color based on the Project Stage selected.  Project Stage drop down will need to work as follows: Red Ball = Not S…
    41 views 3 comments Most recent by americansurveymanagement35236 Formulas and Functions
  • SUMIFS with 2 criteria
    Can't get the right formula for the task I want to perform - as follows - IF the PRODUCT column = "MMS", and the POSITION column = "CURRENT - CORE", then SUM the JAN'18 FCAST column basEd on the following range - JAN'1…
    41 1
    41 views 1 comment Most recent by rjudenberg Formulas and Functions
  • Sheets Last Modified
    Hi, I have a formula =MAX([Last Modified]:[Last Modified]) + "" for getting the most recent date in the Last Modified System Column to get the latest modification date is for the whole sheet. Now, I'm trying to gather all those…
    407 3
    407 views 3 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams Formulas and Functions