Formulas and Functions

Formulas and Functions

Archives for November 2018

Discussion List

• Msantos10
    First post 11/30/18,Last post 01/15/19
    I have a problem. When Smartsheet sends the form on request to an area. I need to know if after receiving a project from a form, to be able to assign a resource and the date of assignment I can only do it from an update? or there are othe…
    Formulas and Functions134
    Msantos10
  • BarneeL
    BarneeL 141 views 7 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
    First post 11/30/18,Last post 11/30/18
    Hi there,   Is there a way I can use the JOIN function to merge the contents of an entire row from another sheet, but exclude rows that are blank? The contents of the other sheet is generated from a form (and being constantly updated), …
    Formulas and Functions1417
    BarneeL
  • Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday 59 views 3 comments Most recent by Kirstine Formulas and Functions
    First post 11/29/18,Last post 07/22/19
    Does anyone know of a way to find and replace formulas in my sheet? Or to find and replace a portion of a formula that exists throughout my sheet? 
    Formulas and Functions593
    Mike Wilday
  • Michelle Kallam
    Michelle Kallam 3 views 6 comments Most recent by Michelle Kallam Formulas and Functions
    First post 11/29/18,Last post 11/29/18
    When I check Declined Date, it is not changing to "Declined". Can someone help? =IF(AND(NOT(ISBLANK([Submit to Design Agency]8)), ISBLANK([Submit for Approval]8), ISBLANK([Approval Date]8), [Declined Date]8 = 0), "Submitted…
    Formulas and Functions36
    Michelle Kallam
  • Nadine_bn
    Nadine_bn 13 views 6 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
    First post 11/29/18,Last post 12/31/18
    I am working on a master SmartSheet to roll up other Sheets into one. When changes are made in the linked SmartSheets, this is not reflected in the master. If I add additional rows, my master is not updated What I am missing?
    Formulas and Functions136
    Nadine_bn
  • erin.pittman70676
    erin.pittman70676 2 views 6 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
    First post 11/29/18,Last post 11/30/18
    I'm working on a gantt chart that is tracking teams progress on a project using agile development.  Business Case / Background: When the teams provide updates to when a task is going to be completed, they reference the name of the sprint…
    Formulas and Functions26
    erin.pittman70676
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy 1 view 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
    First post 11/29/18,Last post 11/29/18
    Is it possible when more than one row having same value( duplicate row is submitted) an alert message goes to the user that row already exist something like this..?
    Formulas and Functions11
    Jimmy
  • mjensen
    mjensen 129 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
    First post 11/28/18,Last post 11/29/18
    I have a sheet that is referencing another sheet to provide counts on instances of certain values in different columns.  What I'm stuck on is counting how many times a single word is used if other text is in the same cell. For example if…
    Formulas and Functions1293
    mjensen
  • DLABS Consulting
    DLABS Consulting 2 views 3 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday Formulas and Functions
    First post 11/28/18,Last post 01/03/19
    Hello, Looking for a little quick assistance. Not sure why I can figure this out, but I guess I'm just not as intuitive with the SmartSheet logic. I have a metrics sheet that I am using to provide data from other sheets to populate a das…
    Formulas and Functions23
    DLABS Consulting
  • KO_in_Colo
    First post 11/28/18,Last post 11/30/18
    I would like to see the average lease amount per region.  I am cross sheet referencing. The formula for the average works.  But when I add in the second part (countifs) to make sure a PE GL Checkbox has been checked and to specify a region…
    Formulas and Functions1611
    KO_in_Colo
  • tgaleza
    tgaleza 1 view 3 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday Formulas and Functions
    First post 11/28/18,Last post 11/28/18
    From a logical perspective, I'm trying to write a formula that says the following -  If the (Issue Type = 'BUG') AND the( Status = 1 of 5 possible values), then the cell value should be a red ball, otherwise, the cell value should be gree…
    Formulas and Functions13
    tgaleza
  • vlambert
    vlambert 2 views 2 comments Most recent by Mike L. Formulas and Functions
    I have users completing a form to update a source sheet I use for a Dashboard. Once the sourcesheet is updated I would like to show the latest update in realtime with having to update the dashboard manually. Is this possible? If so what wo…
    Formulas and Functions22
    vlambert
  • dcabras
    dcabras 1 view 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
    First post 11/28/18,Last post 11/29/18
    Hi I've watched a few videos on RYG automation based on due dates but is anyone able to help with the IF function using categories from a drop down list instead? I.e. Looking at Recruitment Status: If someone chooses 'On Hold' from the …
    Formulas and Functions13
    dcabras
  • mrsmorden
    First post 11/28/18,Last post 01/02/19
    We're putting together a Proof of Concept for our project management team. We're "this close" to being able to replicate all the functionality they need. But, we're stumbling on one item. They would like Smartsheet to automatica…
    Formulas and Functions606
    mrsmorden
  • Kelly_C
    Kelly_C 4 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
    Hi Everyone, New to smartsheet and need some help.  I'm trying to calculate a date in the future, only when the manager approval column is Approved.  I've figured out the date formula, thanks to another discussion, but I'm unsure how to in…
    Formulas and Functions43
    Kelly_C
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy 3 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
    Hi, I am currently facing a situation were one entity has multiple ID and country.Hence formula for region should be based on first Entity and then on Country..i think If AND formula has help like we do in excel.   Can someone help me w…
    Formulas and Functions31
    Jimmy
  • Dajah
    First post 11/27/18,Last post 02/04/20
    I understand I can likely do this with a very, very long VLOOKUP  or IF/THEN formula in every cell, but I'm dealing with over a hundred items and that will be unwieldy.  Situation: I would like to have a form where someone selects one op…
    Formulas and Functions123417
    Dajah
  • Swathi.Chaturvedi
    Swathi.Chaturvedi 13 views 5 comments Most recent by [email protected] Formulas and Functions
    First post 11/27/18,Last post 11/28/18
    Hi! I am trying to reference another sheet in a SUMIF. But I get "#UNPARSEABLE"  I want to sum contribution $ in Column 2 if the vendor name is 9X. This info is in Sheet2. I am referencing it in Sheet1 Here is the formula : =SU…
    Formulas and Functions135
    Swathi.Chaturvedi
  • lkemery
    lkemery 21 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
    First post 11/27/18,Last post 11/28/18
    I am new to creating dashboards in SS.  I have gone through the SS online tutorials and not finding the details I need.  I need to create reports using formulas and what I have tried I have not been successful. Does anyone have suggestions…
    Formulas and Functions213
    lkemery
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy 759 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
    First post 11/27/18,Last post 11/27/18
    Hi , How to use Index and Match function in SS.Please advise with an example  
    Formulas and Functions7591
    Jimmy
  • mailene.h
    First post 11/27/18,Last post 03/12/19
    I am looking for the parent row to reflect a rollup of child row status color (RYG) AND if ALL child rows are blue (complete), have the parent row blue. I'm almost there, however, in the screenshot example below, the parent task is yellow …
    Formulas and Functions765
    mailene.h
  • Krzysztof
    Krzysztof 15 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
    First post 11/27/18,Last post 11/27/18
    Hi All, I have two columns where one column will have a DATE and the other one will be blank. It will never happen that both columns will have a date in them. Now I want Smartsheet to check which two cells has a Date and show WEEKNUMBER…
    Formulas and Functions153
    Krzysztof
  • SYSPK
    SYSPK 27 views 6 comments Most recent by neelesh Formulas and Functions
    First post 11/27/18,Last post 03/09/19
    Is there a way to save a date that something occurs? We have rows that get changed constantly, and the status balls change from Green to Red to Yellow to Gray. Any way we can capture the date that a row's status ball changes to Red, even i…
    Formulas and Functions276
    SYSPK
  • Lisa Bruce
    First post 11/26/18,Last post 11/27/18
    Hi, this formula returns a blank - what is wrong? =IF(OR(MONTH([Created Date]9) = 8, MONTH([Created Date]9) = 9, MONTH([Created Date]9) = 10), "Q1FY " + YEAR([Created Date]9), IF(OR(MONTH([Created Date]9) = 11, MONTH([Created Da…
    Formulas and Functions3614
    Lisa Bruce
  • landon31
    landon31 3 views 1 comment Most recent by Mike Wilday Formulas and Functions
    First post 11/26/18,Last post 11/26/18
    I am trying to sum accounts receivable for individual salesmen. I have gotten to the point where I can add if the check box under [Check Received] is marked but I do not know how to sum if a check box is unmarked. So far my formula is retu…
    Formulas and Functions31
    landon31
  • VanessaK_SRR
    VanessaK_SRR 107 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
    First post 11/26/18,Last post 11/27/18
    Does anyone have a formula that will evaluate all the cells in a row, then return the column name for the cell that has a particular value? Here's what I am trying to do. I have a Smartsheet with 23 columns, of which 5 are due dates. A 6t…
    Formulas and Functions1071
    VanessaK_SRR
  • mrsmorden
    I'm using the COUNTIF formula and am trying to set an open-ended range formula (see below). When I do so, I receive the error #UNPARSEABLE =COUNTIF(Test Result:Test Result, Status1) Is there any reason this wouldn't work? I've attached …
    Formulas and Functions62
    mrsmorden
  • AndyO
    Hi,  I'm running a project where I want to report our the % completion of a sub task based on the # of pieces completed. I'm thinking I need to create a formula as the % of completion functionality looks at duration vs. actual amount of w…
    Formulas and Functions31
    AndyO
  • Steve Moss
    Steve Moss 49 views 6 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
    First post 11/25/18,Last post 02/05/20
    Once you reach this figure of maximum cross sheet references how can you get around this. I want to configure calculations to 2030. Got to June 2025 before I got stuck.   Regards Steve
    Formulas and Functions496
    Steve Moss
  • Steve Moss
    Steve Moss 6 views 4 comments Most recent by Steve Moss Formulas and Functions
    First post 11/25/18,Last post 11/28/18
    Wondering if there is a way to sort rows of a sheet on open. Otherwise you have to set this up manually each time. If this is a smart sheet you would think it would be able to do this.
    Formulas and Functions64
    Steve Moss