Formulas and Functions

Archives for November 2018

Discussion List

• How to configure a project assignment and the assignment date and show the rest of the fields diseab
    In Formulas and Functions
    I have a problem. When Smartsheet sends the form on request to an area. I need to know if after receiving a project from a form, to be able to assign a resource and the date of assignment I can only do it from an update? or there are othe…
    12 4
    12 views 4 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • JOIN only if cell is not blank
    Hi there,   Is there a way I can use the JOIN function to merge the contents of an entire row from another sheet, but exclude rows that are blank? The contents of the other sheet is generated from a form (and being constantly updated), …
    378 7
    378 views 7 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Find and replace formulas?
    Does anyone know of a way to find and replace formulas in my sheet? Or to find and replace a portion of a formula that exists throughout my sheet? 
    122 3
    122 views 3 comments Most recent by Kirstine Formulas and Functions
  • Nested IF/AND
    When I check Declined Date, it is not changing to "Declined". Can someone help? =IF(AND(NOT(ISBLANK([Submit to Design Agency]8)), ISBLANK([Submit for Approval]8), ISBLANK([Approval Date]8), [Declined Date]8 = 0), "Submitted…
    1 view 6 comments Most recent by Michelle Kallam Formulas and Functions
  • Linking Sheets
    I am working on a master SmartSheet to roll up other Sheets into one. When changes are made in the linked SmartSheets, this is not reflected in the master. If I add additional rows, my master is not updated What I am missing?
    11 6
    11 views 6 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • Assigning a date to a value
    I'm working on a gantt chart that is tracking teams progress on a project using agile development.  Business Case / Background: When the teams provide updates to when a task is going to be completed, they reference the name of the sprint…
    1 view 6 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Alert Rules
    Is it possible when more than one row having same value( duplicate row is submitted) an alert message goes to the user that row already exist something like this..?
    1 1
    1 view 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • Formula to count instances of a word
    I have a sheet that is referencing another sheet to provide counts on instances of certain values in different columns.  What I'm stuck on is counting how many times a single word is used if other text is in the same cell. For example if…
    336 3
    336 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • Formula Help
    Hello, Looking for a little quick assistance. Not sure why I can figure this out, but I guess I'm just not as intuitive with the SmartSheet logic. I have a metrics sheet that I am using to provide data from other sheets to populate a das…
    2 views 3 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday Formulas and Functions
  • Average of lease $ amounts in a certain region
    I would like to see the average lease amount per region.  I am cross sheet referencing. The formula for the average works.  But when I add in the second part (countifs) to make sure a PE GL Checkbox has been checked and to specify a region…
    11 11
    11 views 11 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions