Nested IF/AND

When I check Declined Date, it is not changing to "Declined". Can someone help?

=IF(AND(NOT(ISBLANK([Submit to Design Agency]8)), ISBLANK([Submit for Approval]8), ISBLANK([Approval Date]8), [Declined Date]8 = 0), "Submitted to Design Agency", 

IF(AND(NOT(ISBLANK([Submit to Design Agency]8)), NOT(ISBLANK([Submit for Approval]8)), ISBLANK([Approval Date]8), [Declined Date]8 = 0), "Submitted for Approval", 

IF(AND(NOT(ISBLANK([Submit to Design Agency]8)), NOT(ISBLANK([Submit for Approval]8)), NOT(ISBLANK([Approval Date]8)), [Declined Date]8 = 0), "Approved", 

IF(AND(NOT(ISBLANK([Submit to Design Agency]8)), NOT(ISBLANK([Submit for Approval]8)), ISBLANK([Approval Date]8), [Declined Date]8 = 1), "Declined", ""))))

Tags:

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Michelle,

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? That would make it easier to help. 

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• 1. if Submit to Design Agency has a date, submit for approval is blank, approval date is blank and declined date is not checked, then I want to change Artwork Approval to "Submitted to Design Agency"

2. if Submit to Design Agency has a date and submit for approval has a date but approval date is blank and declined date is not checked, then I want to change Artwork Approval to "Submitted for Approval"

3. If submit to design agency has a date, submit for approval has a date and Approval date has a date but declined date is not checked, then I want to change Artwork Approval to "Approved"

4.If Submit to Design Agency has a date and submit for approval has a date but approval date is blank and declined date IS checked, then I want to change Artwork Approval to "Declined"

Everything is working except #4. I cannot get the status to change to "Declined".

**I just realized I should have renamed "Decline Date" to "Decline" when I changed it from a date to a checkbox

Smartsheet.PNG

• And thank you for getting back to me. :)

• Hi Michelle, I reworked the formula because for some reason I was getting an error when I copied it over. It produces the same results, but instead of checking if a cell is blank it checks if there is a date in the cell.

=IF(AND(ISDATE([Submit to Design Agency]@row), NOT(ISDATE([Submit for Approval]@row)), NOT(ISDATE([Approval Date]@row)), [Declined Date]@row = 0), "Submitted to Design Agency", IF(AND(ISDATE([Submit to Design Agency]@row), ISDATE([Submit for Approval]@row), NOT(ISDATE([Approval Date]@row)), [Declined Date]@row = 0), "Submitted for Approval", IF(AND(ISDATE([Submit to Design Agency]@row), ISDATE([Submit for Approval]@row), ISDATE([Approval Date]@row), [Declined Date]@row = 0), "Approved", IF(AND(ISDATE([Submit to Design Agency]@row), ISDATE([Submit for Approval]@row), NOT(ISDATE([Approval Date]@row)), [Declined Date]@row = 1), "Declined", ""))))
  • Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help!

I saw that Sterling answered below.

Best,

Andrée

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!