Formulas and Functions

Archives for April 2019

Discussion List

• Budget Sheet YTD Sum formula help
    In Formulas and Functions
    I'm building a sheet for a department who wants to track monthly revenue/expenses and have those numbers roll into YTD columns. (moving them into Smartsheets and out of Excel) Each month has 2 columns Actual & Budget, i want to set up…
    92 1
    92 views 1 comment Most recent by sean59916 Formulas and Functions
  • Alert(s) Updating a "Count" Sheet?
    I have an end user I am trying to build a records sheet for and I can't figure out how to accomplish a change count cleanly. We have thousands of rows/records in a sheet with one of the fields/columns being a Status.They do a monthly revie…
    44 5
    44 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Vlookup or Index with Match?
    Trying to get data from one sheet to another by matching on Deal ID   to the Requests sheet from the Salesforce sheet   Could someone please help me for the formula for this?  this would be an import from salesforce that I would have t…
    552 3
    552 views 3 comments Most recent by Lisa Bruce Formulas and Functions
  • How to count cells with BLANK value in a column
    Say that I want to count how many cells with BLANK in a column? The column have many NOT BLANK values also. eg. ([Col]2 with BLANK value)           Col row_1  a row_2    row_3  a .... row_n  a so the column has 1 cell with BLANK, th…
    2783 5
    2.8K views 5 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • DISPLAY BOTTOM ENTRY ON A COLUMN
    How can I display the bottom (last entered) value of a column in a different "cell"  
    11 1
    11 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • IF/OR function
    Hi All,   I am trying to create a formula (assuming a combo of if/or is the way to go), but keep getting "incorrect argument set. They work independently, but not when I combine them. I basically want to search for either of the fol…
    74 7
    74 views 7 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Formula assistance:
    Hello,    I am looking for some assistance with how to write a formula that will auto-fill a check box. I only want this checked if the Parent Cell column is blank and that the Assigned to is equal to the user. Currently, the formula I u…
    11 3
    11 views 3 comments Most recent by Katye Reed Formulas and Functions
  • Formula calculating monthly totals
    I am trying to write a formula that will calculate receipt totals by month (starting this month) Here is the formula i am using, but it is returning an invalid data type =SUMIFS({Joseph Nelums- CRS Expense Reporting Receipt Total}, {Jose…
    329 11
    329 views 11 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Counts if with multiple conditons
    Help! Trying to get a count if line items that do not have a column marked resolved and have a issue type of Reports Missing.   =COUNTIFS({Aimbridge Report Issues Range 2}, "Reports Missing",{Aimbridge Report Issues Range 2}, 0…
    21 2
    21 views 2 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Formula optimization
    Hello, I am trying to optimize this formula, do you have any idea? Thank you Chi =SUMIFS({Line Value}, {PE}, [PE Project Engineer]@row, {Status}, " ", {Backlog - Sales Orders - RTM Status}, <>"Complete") + SUMI…
    Chi Profile Photo Chi
    3 1
    3 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions