Formulas and Functions

Archives for January 2020

Discussion List

• COUNTIF for dates equal to current month or current week
    In Formulas and Functions
    I'm attempting to create a metric that counts the number of installs in the current month (and also another for those in the current week). I have tried the following: =COUNTIF({Master Range 1}, =MONTH(TODAY())) =COUNTIF({Master Range 1},…
    Answered - Pending Review
    415 11
    Answered - Pending Review 415 views 11 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • How to count number of cells in a range
    Hello, I have two questions about counting the number of cells in a range? How do I count all cells in a range, whether or not they have a value in them? COUNTM seems to exclude blanks. Can I do they same for a list that is not a range? T…
    Accepted
    32 4
    Accepted Answer 32 views 4 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • Calendar Header
    Hello there, I am trying to create a calendar view that shows holidays for 4 different locations around the globe. I've populated the grid with all of the holidays for each location and they are showing just fine on the calendar. But i w…
    11 3
    Answered - Pending Review 11 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • Project Management: Automating Timelines Across Multiple Projects/Sheets
    Before I go into specifics, maybe the simplest form of my question is: can I somehow mimic the functionality of LiquidPlanner's "Smart Schedules" in Smartsheet? (Just to clarify, my company doesn't have LiquidPlanner nor does it …
    353 2
    Answered - Pending Review 353 views 2 comments Most recent by Robert Cybulski Formulas and Functions
  • COUNTIFS with Cross-sheet references
    I'm trying to get a count of rows between two dates AND where we have the status as one of three choices. I've tried using the OR logic embedded in the COUNTIFS formula, but I couldn't get that working. Instead, I created a helper column n…
    51 1
    Answered - Pending Review 51 views 1 comment Most recent by [email protected] Formulas and Functions
  • Returning Max Date from Another Sheet with Conditions
    Hello, I am trying to gather the max date from a row on another sheet if that row has a matching cell to one on the current sheet. Below is a screenshot of the current sheet. I am trying to fill the Last Action Date cell if the Originating…
    Accepted
    63 3
    Accepted Answer 63 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • SUMIFS with multiple criteria in multiple columns
    Hi - I'm trying to create a formula that will sum the amount of hours in one column when it meets a certain criteria (type of hours) from another column, but only if they were accrued after a certain date (a third column). No matter what I…
    Accepted
    42 5
    Accepted Answer 42 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • SUMIFS with criterion referencing 2 date cells
    Dear Forum, i would like a SUMIFS formula to be able to count hours in my timesheet on certain dates. All my hours and dates sit in one sheet, id like a second sheet to then count hours in certain dates. As i understand it, SUMIFS needs:…
    22 1
    Answered - Pending Review 22 views 1 comment Most recent by Genevieve P Formulas and Functions
  • Conditionally changing cells
    Hi, I'm looking to see if there is any formula(or anything else) I could use to change a cell to a specific pre-defined value, if a different cell is CHANGED TO a certain value. I know that the changed to functionality is available through…
    52 10
    Answered - Pending Review 52 views 10 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • Turning symbols into a percentage
    I have a parent row where I would like to show the % of ticked answers for all the children rows . I can see that the tick is formatted as 'YES' but i can not work out the formula to change the yes into a number to get the %? (File)
    Accepted
    42 2
    Accepted Answer 42 views 2 comments Most recent by Laura_Murphy Formulas and Functions