COUNTIFS with Cross-sheet references

I'm trying to get a count of rows between two dates AND where we have the status as one of three choices.

I've tried using the OR logic embedded in the COUNTIFS formula, but I couldn't get that working. Instead, I created a helper column next to status called 'Concluded' to evaluate whether or not the ticket's current status is one of the three I want - where TRUE = 1.

I keep getting the incorrect argument error when incorporating these cross-sheet references into my COUNTIFS formula. I don't understand how the range sizes could differ when all I've done for the reference is select the entire column of 'Finish Date' and 'Concluded'

What am I doing wrong? Here's the formula I'm working with at the moment. Thanks for any advice!

=COUNTIFS({Finish Date}, >Start43, {Finish Date}, <Finish43, {Concluded}, 1)

Answers

• Nasir@EBC
    Nasir@EBC ✭✭✭

Hello Marry

It seems that you have overlooked the first cell range (referred to as range_1, which this function actually counts) in your formula.

I suggest that you please share a screenshot of the sheet where these data actually appear to have a clear idea of what needs to be done.

You may replace any sensitive data before taking and sharing the screenshot.

regards

Nasir (Zealvert)

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!