API & Developers

Archives for June 2021

Discussion List

• Workspace Shares - API (cURL) Error 1004 - Not Authorized to Perform This Action - 403 Forbidden
    In API & Developers
    Hi all, I'm getting following error when trying to GET a list of workspace shares (GET /workspaces/{workspaceId}/shares) "errorCode": 1004,     "message": "You are not authorized to perform this action." The…
    Answered - Pending Review
    12 2
    Answered - Pending Review 12 views 2 comments Most recent by Thomas Taresch API & Developers
  • "Make owner" using API
    In API & Developers
    Hi, everyone. I want to change ownership of 100+ sheets that I own using the Smartsheet API. I have been looking through the documentation and could not find how to do it. According to this post on stackoverflow it is not possible. Perform…
    2 1
    Answered - Pending Review 2 views 1 comment Most recent by Genevieve P API & Developers
  • Help! Webhook Creation Error
    In API & Developers
    Hello! I'm able to use my api key to retrieve my sheet, and then the /webhook GET request successfully responds with an empty set, but I'm unable to add the hook for some reason. Any help would be appreciated! I've tried adding the non-req…
    Accepted
    1 3
    Accepted Answer 1 view 3 comments Most recent by Genevieve P API & Developers
  • Smartsheet data connection in TIBCO Spotfire server
    In API & Developers
    I am able to create an ODBC connection and get smartsheet data in my Spotfire Analyst client. I followed this link - https://smartsheet-platform.github.io/odbc-docs/#tibco-spotfire-desktop.  However, I would like to create an information l…
    21 1
    Answered - Pending Review 21 views 1 comment Most recent by Genevieve P API & Developers
  • Dates in Exporting Reports
    In API & Developers
    Hi - does anyone know of a way to add a date to the title of an excel export so when I automate updates each file is dated? Right now it sends just the report name each time.
    Accepted
    2 3
    Accepted Answer 2 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå API & Developers
  • Multi-picklist using a list of element "errorCode": 5536
    In API & Developers
    I'm trying to implement a multi_picklist with a list of elements, the following code works with one element but fail with a second one, so I think the structure is good, but the format of my list maybe wrong or I'm missing something def l…
    Accepted
    12 1
    Accepted Answer 12 views 1 comment Most recent by Alex Argumedo API & Developers
  • Report Row Sorting
    In API & Developers
    I am trying to use reports to reduce the amount of columns and rows I need to handle via the API. Along with this, I would like to have the report also sort the rows, but it seems that when using the API make a Get Report request, the row …
    3 2
    Answered - Pending Review 3 views 2 comments Most recent by Kyle Moore API & Developers
  • Re:apostrophe
    In API & Developers
    Currently I am pushing data to smartsheet using the API, however, I notice that numbers that have say dashes in front of them to denote them being negative, or any non-numeric elements, causes every record in that column to be pushed as te…
    11 1
    Answered - Pending Review 11 views 1 comment Most recent by Genevieve P API & Developers
  • Has anyone mapped their Smartsheet files using the API?
    In API & Developers
    2 part question here. My company is currently looking at ways to map how all of our sheets link to one another in a consolidated database. A thought that came to mind is using the Smartsheet API to access all of the underlying data (sheet …
    Accepted
    21 3
    Accepted Answer 21 views 3 comments Most recent by BKing API & Developers
  • Using GetSheet method returns Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line
    In API & Developers
    This is just using the basic code that is provided in the Github documentation. Stack Trace;   at Smartsheet.Api.Internal.AbstractResources.HandleError(HttpResponse response)   at Smartsheet.Api.Internal.AbstractResources.GetResource[T](S…
    1 1
    Answered - Pending Review 1 view 1 comment Most recent by Krissia API & Developers