Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Archived 2015 Posts

Archives for June 2015

Discussion List

• Email to Smartsheet?
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    I currently am locked into Outlook 2010 on my PC, but it is connected to Office365. Is there anyway to create a row in a sheet when i flag or categorize an email OR can i forward an email into smartsheet somehow? EDIT: I am open to using Z…
    3333 16
    Closed 3.3K views 16 comments Most recent by bradmin Archived 2015 Posts
  • Report refreshes inaccurately
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    We have a report linked to one sheet at a time, used to view relevant information without the distraction of all the details.  We edit in the report and save. Sometimes we will edit in the sheet and save there.   We run into two issues: …
    21 2
    Closed 21 views 2 comments Most recent by YouReachedEd Archived 2015 Posts
  • Drag attachments from Outlook to Smartsheet.
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    I cannot drag an attachment straight from an Outlook email into a line in Smartsheet.  First I need to save it localy, then attach. This is time consuming. Is there a way around (setting) I am missing? It would be nice to actually drag a…
    576 7
    Closed 576 views 7 comments Most recent by Joel Ward Archived 2015 Posts
  • Row changes that don't affect Modified Date field
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    I see in your help documentation that changes to discussions and attachments do not affect the Modified Date type of System Column. Is there a reason for this? If a week-long discussion takes place within the discussion feature of a row, t…
    41 4
    Closed 41 views 4 comments Most recent by shoaib360 Archived 2015 Posts
  • How can I put a drop down menu that dynamically updates or adds another field?
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    How can I put a drop down menu that dynamically updates or adds another field?   I am a Project Manager. In my Web Form I created a Project Name field that has a drop down list of current projects to choose from. After I select a project…
    CBH Profile Photo CBH
    598 2
    Closed 598 views 2 comments Most recent by Richard Rymill SBP Archived 2015 Posts
  • RYG Balls changing with Children Rows
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    Hello, I have an *awesome* formula that changes RYG balls of parent rows as the children rows change. The formula is below:   =IF(AND(COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "Green") > COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "Yellow"), COUNTIF(CHILDREN(…
    455 14
    Closed 455 views 14 comments Most recent by Joel McClurg Archived 2015 Posts
  • Report not sorting on given column
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    I have a report that is not sorting on the column I specified. It was working yesterday, but today it is not working.  It is to-do list report that is sorted by Forced Rank.  I can sort by other columns (e.g., Due Date), but for some reaso…
    243 2
    Closed 243 views 2 comments Most recent by Stan Ward Archived 2015 Posts
  • Cannot Upload from Computer - Attachment
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    I cannot attach a file from my computer.  "Upload from Computer" is not an option in the Attach dropdown.  what can i do to access this option?  Box, Evernote and Link are the only options. Barb  
    1 1
    Closed 1 view 1 comment Most recent by Bryan Anderson Archived 2015 Posts
  • template icons
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    I noticed some of my templates have different icons on them.  Some are blank and some have pictures (what look like newspapers).  What do they symbolize? 
    191 1
    Closed 191 views 1 comment Most recent by Travis Archived 2015 Posts
  • Event registration with limits on attendees
    In Archived 2015 Posts
    I need to create a registation form (no problem) that will include total number people attending (no problem).   How do i stop registration when the capacity is reached?   Thanks.   Ken
    585 5
    Closed 585 views 5 comments Most recent by Sheila Julien Archived 2015 Posts