Formulas and Functions

Formulas and Functions

Archives for March 2018

Discussion List

• tcanelli41471
    tcanelli41471 11 views 2 comments Most recent by tcanelli41471 Formulas and Functions
    First post 03/30/18,Last post 04/01/18
    I am trying to decide between one sheet vs multiple sheets.  I currently have one sheet but it has over 50-60 columns and there are sets of data that will be used by different areas.  I know I can filter what is needed (to a point) with re…
    Formulas and Functions112
    tcanelli41471
  • Dana Wanner
    Dana Wanner 16 views 2 comments Most recent by Chris McKay Formulas and Functions
    First post 03/30/18,Last post 03/31/18
    Hi, I am very new to this an am getting a bit frustrated.  I have the following columns, Ship Date, Fabric Order Date, Fabric ETA, and Fabric Received or In Stock.  The first 3 columns are date columns and the 3rd is a checkbox. I would …
    Formulas and Functions162
    Dana Wanner
  • aheon
    aheon 2 views 1 comment Most recent by p_bureau Formulas and Functions
    First post 03/29/18,Last post 03/30/18
    I'm looking to make a formula that will do the following: search all instances in Column2 for "A" IF subsequent Column3  has a value of "YES"....if all "A"s = "YES" than return a value of "YES&…
    Formulas and Functions21
    aheon
  • NTG
    NTG 2 views 9 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday Formulas and Functions
    First post 03/29/18,Last post 04/06/18
    Greetings: Trying to create a formula that tracks task duration displayed by "symbol" in conjunction with another condition of the task:... complete, or not started.  I was able to get the symbols to show up properly based on c…
    Formulas and Functions29
    NTG
  • i__heidig
    i__heidig 615 views 2 comments Most recent by daviserl Formulas and Functions
    First post 03/29/18,Last post 09/11/18
    Hello, - I am fairly new to Smarsheets and not very knowledgable past basic formulas.  I am trying to create a formula that  will display the count of cells whose date is from Monday through Sunday, each week.  Like how many open items wer…
    Formulas and Functions6152
    i__heidig
  • 1bad78ta
    1bad78ta 4 views 1 comment Most recent by Chris McKay Formulas and Functions
    First post 03/28/18,Last post 03/28/18
    I've looked and cannot solve a problem I had solved before... I have a checkbox to denote when a task is completed. I have a due date. My problem is that I want my RYG to be green if the box is checked (that seemed easy to do) and Yello…
    Formulas and Functions41
    1bad78ta
  • bbemis
    We have a sheet that lists all of our projects (there are over 300 at the moment). We used to keep all of our metrics at the top of the sheet, but every now and again, someone would sort by a value that caused the metrics to get mixed into…
    Formulas and Functions364
    bbemis
  • MTaylor
    First post 03/28/18,Last post 03/29/18
    Here's a version of the formula that works. However I need to include a second value and get an error when I try. I'm sure it's the formula syntax. Not sure if there is a better way to get the right outcome. I basically am trying to determ…
    Formulas and Functions153
    MTaylor
  • Aoaks
    Aoaks 37 views 1 comment Most recent by Chris McKay Formulas and Functions
    Is there any way to work around dependencies in columns when entering in formulas? 
    Formulas and Functions371
    Aoaks
  • jocareher
    jocareher 3.3K views 6 comments Most recent by JeremiahHorstick Formulas and Functions
    First post 03/28/18,Last post 01/27/19
    Hello, Smartsheet team:   If I select a cell containing a formula, I know I can drag the little box in the right-hand corner downwards to apply the formula to more cells of the column. Unfortunately, I need to do this for 300,000 rows! …
    Formulas and Functions32956
    jocareher
  • Cyndie LeClair
    Good day! I am trying to reference one cell in my spreadsheet that has a drop down list of 30+ people in the list.  I want to create another cell using the if then formula to say if person a, person, c, and person h are in the first cell,…
    Formulas and Functions481
    Cyndie LeClair
  • Anthony Lunn
    Anthony Lunn 343 views 3 comments Most recent by Anthony Lunn Formulas and Functions
    Hello,   I would like to have a formula in place that automatically selects a day of week based on the date we paste in the "Bid Date" Column. When 3/26/18 is loaded into [Bid Date] Column it produces "Monday" in the …
    Formulas and Functions3433
    Anthony Lunn
  • john.spikula42751
    john.spikula42751 51 views 3 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday Formulas and Functions
    First post 03/28/18,Last post 04/16/18
    Looking for help... I'd like to update the fields on a form dynamically. Example:  Use the system-generated Creation Date to calculate a "Delivery Date" 2 weeks in the future and display it on the form.  I know I can do this on…
    Formulas and Functions513
    john.spikula42751
  • eswartz
    eswartz 1 view 2 comments Most recent by Glen Walter Teles Formulas and Functions
    First post 03/27/18,Last post 03/31/18
    I am trying to COUNTIFS but have been unsuccessful so far. I need to count the status of a project if it is a certain product. I keep getting #INCORRECT =COUNTIFS(Status3:Status51, "Green", Product:Product, "Rapid Test"…
    Formulas and Functions12
    eswartz
  • matt.stockton42626
    First post 03/27/18,Last post 03/13/19
    First, I am sure this has been answered, but I could not find it.  I have two smartsheets: Projects and PMs.  The PMs sheet has basic info about the PM (Emp ID, Name, Email).  The project sheet has all the projects we are working in the co…
    Formulas and Functions352
    matt.stockton42626
  • Debbie J
    Debbie J 15 views 2 comments Most recent by Debbie J Formulas and Functions
    First post 03/27/18,Last post 03/27/18
    I am updating information on to a sheet when I contact our customers AP dept either by email or Phone. The info I update includes Invoice- date- AP response. I want to use this data to link to another sheet that I am using to track open i…
    Formulas and Functions152
    Debbie J
  • Grace
    First post 03/27/18,Last post 03/28/18
    Hi, can someone help me on the correct formula that I should use? I wanted to get the number of projects based on their status however the countif formula that I am trying to use doesn't work in Smarsheet but works in Excel. Below is the …
    Formulas and Functions443
    Grace
  • Sohlbe
    Sohlbe 26 views 1 comment Most recent by Chris McKay Formulas and Functions
    First post 03/26/18,Last post 03/26/18
    Hello, I have several Tasks. I want a formula that moves the whole row of a task, upon it's completion, to the bottom of the task list.    Thank you for your help, Sohlbe
    Formulas and Functions261
    Sohlbe
  • accounts42461
    accounts42461 15 views 1 comment Most recent by Taylor F Formulas and Functions
    First post 03/26/18,Last post 03/26/18
    I am building a production scheduler with a built in calculator where by the operator can adjust the labour allocation to test the duration output.  My problem is Smartsheet won't allow durations to be edited by way of a formula. Also I …
    Formulas and Functions151
    accounts42461
  • TerrieVent
    TerrieVent 92 views 6 comments Most recent by Genevieve P Formulas and Functions
    First post 03/25/18,Last post 02/19/20
    I have a column that takes a rate and decreases it by a discount percent: =[List Rate]@row * (1 - ([Client Discount]@row + [Selected Discount]@row)) For Example $ 300 less 15% discount = $ 255 $ 250 less 15% discount = $ 212.50 $ 90 l…
    Formulas and Functions926
    TerrieVent
  • jimbogtc42381
    jimbogtc42381 14 views 1 comment Most recent by MattH Formulas and Functions
    First post 03/25/18,Last post 03/26/18
    Hello, My name is James Smith. I am an Instructor for Gateway Community College in Phoenix, AZ. I am Looking for alternative methods to track time as student’s progress through our courses. I am not looking for a time management system,…
    Formulas and Functions141
    jimbogtc42381
  • Mellba
    First post 03/23/18,Last post 03/28/18
    Hello How do I get rid of a previous check when a new checkbox is selected?   This is what really need to happen: (Task Name 6 needs to transition from one to another (Idea, Concept, Design, Validation, Lanuch) as the approvals are sent…
    Formulas and Functions1762
    Mellba
  • staubm2
    staubm2 179 views 2 comments Most recent by Brad Jones Formulas and Functions
    Hi I have a column with a long URL http://blblblblbl... There are about 300 rows in the sheet. I'd like to change the display text of the links to Preview for all of them. Is there a way? I can not do this one by one. (multiple sheets wi…
    Formulas and Functions1792
    staubm2
  • Morgan Mattson
    Morgan Mattson 52 views 15 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday Formulas and Functions
    First post 03/23/18,Last post 04/24/18
    I have been reading though the discussions and have attempted to nest the IF functions but I am having difficulties with it maybe someone will be able to help me. We are using check boxes to track numbers when checked. I created the functi…
    Formulas and Functions5215
    Morgan Mattson
  • tcanelli41471
    tcanelli41471 41 views 3 comments Most recent by Robert S. Formulas and Functions
    Trying to find the right formula to count a name column in one sheet based on a specific location in another column.  I've done this successfully with numbers using sumif, but the count isn't working.  Is it not possible?  i tried countif …
    Formulas and Functions413
    tcanelli41471
  • rnye
    rnye 3 views 3 comments Most recent by rnye Formulas and Functions
    First post 03/23/18,Last post 03/27/18
    I am having a bit of trouble figuring out how to write a formula to automate RYG symbols. Basically I want the rules to be as follows: 1. If value is less than 4, RED 2. If value is greater than 4 but less than 6, YELLOW 3. If value is …
    Formulas and Functions33
    rnye
  • jking
    Is there a way to combine cell entries and give the total assigned to that category? Ex.    Project Lead      Cost savings John                      $100 Mary                      $500 Bob                         $400 John           …
    Formulas and Functions2144
    jking
  • Tom Holder
    Tom Holder 4 views 1 comment Most recent by p_bureau Formulas and Functions
    First post 03/23/18,Last post 03/26/18
    How can a change this formula to use children in a hierarchy instead of the cell references so when I add a row into the hierarchy it returns the correct value without re-setting the range?   =SUMIF([CQA Status]41:[CQA Status]61, "R…
    Formulas and Functions41
    Tom Holder
  • spotteycarsoncity
    spotteycarsoncity 50 views 1 comment Most recent by MattH Formulas and Functions
    First post 03/23/18,Last post 03/23/18
    I have a sheet with thousands of projects.  When a project is finished there is a cell that automatically calculates the turnaround time.  There is also a column for the date the project was finished.  The projects are not ordered by date.…
    Formulas and Functions501
    spotteycarsoncity
  • Jonathan Røthe
    First post 03/23/18,Last post 03/23/18
    I got a form and the value is present as text some on some users and as number on others.  Why is that ?  The calculations get wrong withe the texts.   Regards Jonathan  (Image)
    Formulas and Functions131
    Jonathan Røthe