Formulas and Functions

Archives for March 2018

Discussion List

• Referencing sheets
    In Formulas and Functions
    I am trying to decide between one sheet vs multiple sheets.  I currently have one sheet but it has over 50-60 columns and there are sets of data that will be used by different areas.  I know I can filter what is needed (to a point) with re…
    11 views 2 comments Most recent by tcanelli41471 Formulas and Functions
  • Status Balls formula help
    Hi, I am very new to this an am getting a bit frustrated.  I have the following columns, Ship Date, Fabric Order Date, Fabric ETA, and Fabric Received or In Stock.  The first 3 columns are date columns and the 3rd is a checkbox. I would …
    12 views 2 comments Most recent by Chris McKay Formulas and Functions
  • IF WITH 2 CRITERIA
    I'm looking to make a formula that will do the following: search all instances in Column2 for "A" IF subsequent Column3  has a value of "YES"....if all "A"s = "YES" than return a value of "YES&…
    1 1
    1 view 1 comment Most recent by p_bureau Formulas and Functions
  • Multiple reference Formula
    Greetings: Trying to create a formula that tracks task duration displayed by "symbol" in conjunction with another condition of the task:... complete, or not started.  I was able to get the symbols to show up properly based on c…
    NTG Profile Photo NTG
    1 9
    1 view 9 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday Formulas and Functions
  • Count of cells in a date range
    Hello, - I am fairly new to Smarsheets and not very knowledgable past basic formulas.  I am trying to create a formula that  will display the count of cells whose date is from Monday through Sunday, each week.  Like how many open items wer…
    800 2
    800 views 2 comments Most recent by daviserl Formulas and Functions
  • RYG Balls-can't figure out
    I've looked and cannot solve a problem I had solved before... I have a checkbox to denote when a task is completed. I have a due date. My problem is that I want my RYG to be green if the box is checked (that seemed easy to do) and Yello…
    3 1
    3 views 1 comment Most recent by Chris McKay Formulas and Functions
  • Using countifs across sheets to hold metrics for reports
    We have a sheet that lists all of our projects (there are over 300 at the moment). We used to keep all of our metrics at the top of the sheet, but every now and again, someone would sort by a value that caused the metrics to get mixed into…
    41 4
    41 views 4 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams Formulas and Functions
  • Formula using Sum and Countif not returning expected outcomes
    Here's a version of the formula that works. However I need to include a second value and get an error when I try. I'm sure it's the formula syntax. Not sure if there is a better way to get the right outcome. I basically am trying to determ…
    11 3
    11 views 3 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday Formulas and Functions
  • Formulas in Columns with Dependencies?
    Is there any way to work around dependencies in columns when entering in formulas? 
    43 1
    43 views 1 comment Most recent by Chris McKay Formulas and Functions
  • Formulas per column
    Hello, Smartsheet team:   If I select a cell containing a formula, I know I can drag the little box in the right-hand corner downwards to apply the formula to more cells of the column. Unfortunately, I need to do this for 300,000 rows! …
    4421 6
    4.4K views 6 comments Most recent by JeremiahHorstick Formulas and Functions