Formulas and Functions

Archives for March 2018

Discussion List

• If then statement for a list of individuals
    In Formulas and Functions
    Good day! I am trying to reference one cell in my spreadsheet that has a drop down list of 30+ people in the list.  I want to create another cell using the if then formula to say if person a, person, c, and person h are in the first cell,…
    115 1
    115 views 1 comment Most recent by Mike Wilday Formulas and Functions
  • Day of Week instead of short date
    Hello,   I would like to have a formula in place that automatically selects a day of week based on the date we paste in the "Bid Date" Column. When 3/26/18 is loaded into [Bid Date] Column it produces "Monday" in the …
    746 4
    746 views 4 comments Most recent by radix Formulas and Functions
  • Dynamically update form data
    Looking for help... I'd like to update the fields on a form dynamically. Example:  Use the system-generated Creation Date to calculate a "Delivery Date" 2 weeks in the future and display it on the form.  I know I can do this on…
    77 4
    77 views 4 comments Most recent by Arvind Manoharan Formulas and Functions
  • COUNTIFS Statement Help
    I am trying to COUNTIFS but have been unsuccessful so far. I need to count the status of a project if it is a certain product. I keep getting #INCORRECT =COUNTIFS(Status3:Status51, "Green", Product:Product, "Rapid Test"…
    1 2
    1 view 2 comments Most recent by Glen Walter Teles Formulas and Functions
  • Newbie Question - Reports Lookup into Sheet (relational database like)
    First, I am sure this has been answered, but I could not find it.  I have two smartsheets: Projects and PMs.  The PMs sheet has basic info about the PM (Emp ID, Name, Email).  The project sheet has all the projects we are working in the co…
    35 2
    35 views 2 comments Most recent by kagrawa Formulas and Functions
  • Vlookup
    I am updating information on to a sheet when I contact our customers AP dept either by email or Phone. The info I update includes Invoice- date- AP response. I want to use this data to link to another sheet that I am using to track open i…
    12 2
    12 views 2 comments Most recent by Debbie J Formulas and Functions
  • How to add few texts/words on countif(s) formula
    Hi, can someone help me on the correct formula that I should use? I wanted to get the number of projects based on their status however the countif formula that I am trying to use doesn't work in Smarsheet but works in Excel. Below is the …
    137 3
    137 views 3 comments Most recent by Chris McKay Formulas and Functions
  • Moving Rows with a Formula
    Hello, I have several Tasks. I want a formula that moves the whole row of a task, upon it's completion, to the bottom of the task list.    Thank you for your help, Sohlbe
    23 1
    23 views 1 comment Most recent by Chris McKay Formulas and Functions
  • Formulas to durations or equivalent
    I am building a production scheduler with a built in calculator where by the operator can adjust the labour allocation to test the duration output.  My problem is Smartsheet won't allow durations to be edited by way of a formula. Also I …
    14 1
    14 views 1 comment Most recent by Taylor F Formulas and Functions
  • Round Whole Dollars Up to Five Dollars
    I have a column that takes a rate and decreases it by a discount percent: =[List Rate]@row * (1 - ([Client Discount]@row + [Selected Discount]@row)) For Example $ 300 less 15% discount = $ 255 $ 250 less 15% discount = $ 212.50 $ 90 l…
    192 6
    192 views 6 comments Most recent by Genevieve P Formulas and Functions