Formulas and Functions

Archives for September 2018

Discussion List

• Formula help
    In Formulas and Functions
    Hi, I am trying to extend a formula to look at a second Criterion in a spreadsheet. the current formula is   ="NSW (" + COUNTIF(CHILDREN(State6:State61), "NSW") + "), QLD (" + COUNTIF(CHILDREN(State6:State61)…
    Cap Profile Photo Cap
    1 3
    1 view 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Text indicator when pasting values
    I have a 10 digit "Store #".  We use the right 5 digits as a "Site ID".  I did a "Right" function to grab the 5 right digits.  My Index/Match formula returned a #No Match error. So I copied & pasted values…
    131 2
    131 views 2 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • sumif formula
    =SUMIF(Date past due: Date past due,>TODAY(), Amount:Amount) #unparsable      The amount is coming from a vlookup from another smartsheet The past due date is a formula with in the same sheet   (Image)
    11 2
    11 views 2 comments Most recent by Debbie J Formulas and Functions
  • Special formula help
    Hi,  I'm hoping smartsheet community can help me with an automatic formula.  We have a column called "Priority Deal" this is a symbol selection of the stars, where we rate a specific land opportunity (empty/one/two/three/fo…
    11 4
    11 views 4 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • Return cell value generated by SUM formula as a number
    Is there a way to return the numerical value of a cell that contains a formula that is counting the number of checked boxes in its children cells?  My current formula in the cell is: ="Complete: " + SUM(COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), 1) + C…
    51 2
    51 views 2 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Formulas don't calculate when cell containing formula is linked
    I have a sheet that totals the row values when a row is added from a form.  It worked well until the cell containing the formula was linked using vlookup to a separate sheet that is the source of a dashboard.  Now it will not calculate and…
    41 views 1 comment Most recent by Shaine Greenwood Formulas and Functions
  • Creating less than today check box
    I want to create a formula that has a checkbox that will check if the due date column is between today and 7 days. It works but when i format it to the entire column it checks off every because because it considers that if the due date col…
    1 view 1 comment Most recent by J. Craig Williams Formulas and Functions
  • Reflecting only Parent Rows (multiple) on Dashboard
    For a project release, we're leveraging checkboxes to track completion of validation tasks. I have a dashboard built to reflect progress, however am having trouble finding a way to only choose the multiple Parent Rows/Roll Up data, as it's…
    151 5
    151 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • IF and VLOOKUP
    Hi Can anyone help me with these two formulas I am trying to do: 1. IF a cell with a checkbox is true, then run this VLOOKUP formula, otherwise 0. 2. IF a cell contains this text, run this VLOOKUP formula, or IF the same cell contains t…
    351 5
    351 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Check cell range and compare against date today()
    I have looked through and tried to apply several solutions and none seem to  work with a range of cells. I have a date/time field column under and have entries in several different collapsible fields.  I am in need of help creating a form…
    301 8
    301 views 8 comments Most recent by ateleoh Formulas and Functions