Formulas and Functions

Archives for December 2019

Discussion List

• Want to count number of instances in a column
    In Formulas and Functions
    HI There, I have one column in which I track the status of each row with a traffic light (Red, Yellow, Green). I would like to count the number of Red's, Yellow's and Green's in the column so I can use this information in a dashboard/port…
    Accepted
    658 13
    Accepted Answer 658 views 13 comments Most recent by Ezra Formulas and Functions
  • Date Automation Between Two Sheets?
    Hi All! I am wondering if this functionality is possible. I have created a sheet and once a row is populated is it copied to a new sheet for my employees. There is a 'Completion Date" field, I would like for them to complete when that…
    Accepted
    41 4
    Accepted Answer 41 views 4 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • SUMIFs not working in Smartsheet VS Excel
    I have the following table in excel if i use the function =SUMIFS($C$2:$C$5,$A$2:$A$5,101,$B$2:$B$5,"Approval") it will return the value of the approval date - 1/1/2020 however when i do this in smartsheet, the formula returns …
    Accepted
    31 5
    Accepted Answer 31 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • I need help bucketing some data
    I need help combining some data I have the following columns in sheet-1 ·      Year-1 Deliverable Date-1 (this is a date column) ·      Year-1 Deliverable-1 Amount (this is a currency column) ·      Year-1 Deliverable-1 Billing Quarter (t…
    Accepted
    45 3
    Accepted Answer 45 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Auto Date Calculation
    Hi, I have 3 column's - Days, Start Date, Completion Date. I would like to enter days and start date, and let Completion date auto calculate. So for example if I enter 30 in days and 6/14 in Start Date, I would like Completion Date auto …
    Accepted
    70 7
    Accepted Answer 70 views 7 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Countif formula for specific criteria
    I am trying to count the quantities of a specific "TYPE" , for a specific "OUTPOST", that are less than or equal to today's date. For example, I want to know how many "2P" for outpost NYC-2 are check-in live a…
    Answered - Pending Review
    32 1
    Answered - Pending Review 32 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Parse a cell with colon : delimited variables
    I need to select the string associated with each of the Tag names START: END: SCOPE: Are there command/s in Smartsheet to select the data and copy to a column on the same row as the string? Below is the example of data in a single Cell. …
    68 1
    68 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Countifs and OR statement
    I'm trying to have a formula that will work if one column matches specific criteria and then if another column matches one of two criteria. I have been able to get it to work for one of the criteria from the second column by writing =(COU…
    Accepted
    108 5
    Accepted Answer 108 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Calculate the total rows but exclude the same name
    What kind of function combination that i can use to calculate the total row but excluded the same name, as follows (green highlight).
    Accepted
    34 3
    Accepted Answer 34 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Stopping %Complete if end date is past but Task is incomplete
    Good morning, After a long search I am finally reaching out. In my % Complete column I am using an IF(ISBLANK w/ Networkdays formula to get my percent complete number; Pulling dates from 'Proj. Task Launch' & 'Proj. Task Comp.' I can't…
    Accepted
    42 3
    Accepted Answer 42 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions