I need help bucketing some data
I need help combining some data
I have the following columns in sheet-1
· Year-1 Deliverable Date-1 (this is a date column)
· Year-1 Deliverable-1 Amount (this is a currency column)
· Year-1 Deliverable-1 Billing Quarter (this converts the deliverable date into Q1-Q4)
I need to create a formula in sheet-2 that will bucket that info so I can use it in charts.
What I want to quantify from sheet-1 is
· The sum of all the Year-1 Deliverable-1 Amounts IF there is an associated date in the Year-1 Deliverable Date column.
· Then bucket those sums by billing year (i.e., 2019, 2020, etc)
· Then bucket those sums into Q1, Q2, Q3, or Q4
I think that would map out in sheet-2 something like this, but I am open to suggestions;
· Row-1 “2019”, Row-2 “2020”, Row-3 “2021”, etc
· Column-1 “Q1”, Column-2 “Q2”, Column-3 “Q3”, etc
I hope my description makes sense. I have figured out how to do all of the individual pieces but I can sem to get this nested together in a formula that works.
Any help is much appreciated. I am stuck and need help!
Help Article Resources
Check out the Formula Handbook template!