Formulas and Functions

Archives for July 2021

Discussion List

• VLOOKUP for multiple values
    In Formulas and Functions
    Hello! I'm using JOIN COLLECT to look up a variable's name in a block of text. However, I am also trying to use a VLOOKUP to change the found variable name in the JOIN COLLECT column to the standardized name I need it to be for other calc…
    Answered - Pending Review
    57 2
    Answered - Pending Review 57 views 2 comments Most recent by Jaykel Torres Formulas and Functions
  • extract name from email address
    Hi there, I have a created by column that captures the email address : [email protected] I want to create a formula that will create a name column that returns Nero Naidoo. I've tried some of the split-to-text formulas sugges…
    Accepted
    47 23
    Accepted Answer 47 views 23 comments Most recent by Nero Naidoo Formulas and Functions
  • Automation triggered by INDEX / MATCH cell value changes
    Howdy - I feel like I've tested this every which way but didn't want to throw in the towel until I asked the community. Is there any way to run an automation (specifically "Copy rows to another sheet") based off a changed value v…
    Accepted
    30 4
    Accepted Answer 30 views 4 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • Work due in the next 7 days
    Where am I going wrong with this formula? I want to see tasks that have a {Need by Date} of TODAY through the next 7 Days and also filter out any Assignee's {Task Range 1} that say "Schedule Milestone"? Thanks for everyones sup…
    23 5
    Answered - Pending Review 23 views 5 comments Most recent by Sameer Karkhanis Formulas and Functions
  • Custom Number Formats?
    Rather than showing a 0 in a cell, I'd like it be be blank or use the " - " symbol. In excel I use custom number formats to accomplish this. First, I tried conditional formatting to a white (invisible) font, but it doesn't look …
    13 1
    Answered - Pending Review 13 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • COUNTIFS and AND
    Hi there! I am trying to insert a formula that reads two columns from another sheet. I want to count the cells if one column equals the Primary column name in my new sheet and the other does NOT equal the status "Scheduling Complete…
    Accepted
    23 2
    Accepted Answer 23 views 2 comments Most recent by Paula M. Formulas and Functions
  • Using Boolean Operators in Countif with Dates
    Hello. I'm not sure why my formula isn't working. I'm guessing the issue is my syntax but I don't see where it is wrong, if that is the issue. I'm trying to get countif to count the number of rows with a date greater than 1/1/20. The …
    Accepted
    14 2
    Accepted Answer 14 views 2 comments Most recent by Genevieve P. Formulas and Functions
  • Cross-Sheet SUMIFS is returning #UNPARSEABLE
    Hello, I'm having an issue with a cross sheet formula. I'm trying to build a budget tracking system in two parts. It involves a top sheet with a the sum of all expenses by category and an expense log that is a running list of expenses. …
    33 4
    Answered - Pending Review 33 views 4 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • Time duration
    Hello how can I get the number of hours to calculate with a Start Time and and End Time? Want the AM PM format as shown. Thanks for your help!
    12 3
    Answered - Pending Review 12 views 3 comments Most recent by Brett Wyrick Formulas and Functions
  • Cross-Sheet Formula SUMIFS returning #UNPARSEABLE
    Hello! I'm running into a weird error with a Summary Budget Top Sheet I'm trying to build. I have two sheets. One summary budget top sheet and one expense log sheet. The summary sheet lists all the expenses types available on the expense…
    Accepted
    4 3
    Accepted Answer 4 views 3 comments Most recent by Genevieve P. Formulas and Functions