Internal Employee Merch Shop?

Hello,

I have been asked to create an Employee Merch Shop of sorts. The ask is to create an on going place where employees can order (they don't have to pay) for company attire. There is a variety of choices including, company t-shirts, hoodies, jackets, hats, etc. I then would place the order from our apparel vendor. We would like it to be a self service form or sheet, that can be accessed from our Central Company Dashboard. I would like them to be able to see images of samples for choosing. They would also have to chose sizes. I would like to keep track of past orders by employee. One additional difficulty is that there are minimum quantities when placing orders for items with logos. Currently we place a big group order once or twice a year, we are able to easily meet minimums by doing this, but management would rather this is an easier and quicker process for employees. My Smartsheet question is how to create an order form, that could show options, track names and sizes, and track past orders. Any ideas are appreciated. Thank you!

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Dear @Martha Brown

Hope you are fine, you can create a sheet contain columns with a dropdown menu for each column for a certain purpose ( one for Employee, other for attire ...Atc ) then you can create a form that can the Employee submit their request and you can design reports with filters to follow up. if you like you can share some screenshots for your sheets ( remove any sensitive date ) and i will help you to create it.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Martha Brown ,

Were you able to find a solution? As Bassam pointed out, you can't do this with just a Smartsheet form. You could accomplish most of it with portals, forms and reports. It would be easier if you have Dynamic View but can be done without it.

Your Merch Shop portal would contain the product images, an embedded order form and links to reports. If there are too many products you may need multiple portals, grouped by product categories, to make navigation easier.

Happy to help more if you still need assistance.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Hi @Mark Cronk

I do have Dynamic View, we got it to create our 360 Employee Review and HR Data sheet.

I was wondering if I could do the apparel ordering with Dynamic View, though I am very new to it.

For our HR data sheet we have a row for each employee, it contains all of their HR data,( title, supervisor, date of hire, compensation, etc). It also contains questions for 360 review, and questions for comp review questionnaire. We send dynamic forms, (employee, supervisor, peer 1, and peer 2, compensation review are all different dynamic forms) that feed answers into specific employee row, and then I map all answers into document generator for the review meeting PDF.

So I was wondering if dynamic view would work for ordering specific items of apparel, vs a regular form, that would just keep adding a new row with each order. Then I think I would need to update manually for each request. Though a cowrker who has far more Smartsheet Experience says he has created an inventory process for the mill shop without using dynamic view, so I will check that out. But I did wonder if I could use the same idea of ordering to specific items if using dynamic view. But connecting the concept to actual functionality seems so difficult for me.

I don't have too many items, less than 20.

Thanks for your help!!

Martha