Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Archived 2016 Posts

Archives for February 2016

Discussion List

• Study Plan
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Anyone built a simple study plan for a 16 year old, that pings her iphone when she is due to start a study time
    28 1
    Closed 28 views 1 comment Most recent by Amy Johnson Archived 2016 Posts
  • 160 character limit in field (used for sms)
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Is is possible to set a l60 character limit to a field? The reason for this is that we collect texts from users (mostly by web form) that we will use for sms, but usually they write more than 160 characters which leads to extra work.
    912 3
    Closed 912 views 3 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams Archived 2016 Posts
  • Text column
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Is there a wrap text or equivelant action in SS?  I can't find anything.
    3 2
    Closed 3 views 2 comments Most recent by Jenny Lam Archived 2016 Posts
  • What template should I use for a manufacturing cost analysis?
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Hello experienced spreadsheet users! I am new to using spreadsheets for anything, much less smart ones. Does anyone have a template I could use for a cost analysis of products?   Thanks so much! ~jen
    36 1
    Closed 36 views 1 comment Most recent by JohnHinkle Archived 2016 Posts
  • Adding groups to existing groups
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Is there a way to add groups to existing groups to create a sub-group hierarchy? Google apps for work has this and it is very convenient. If it is not an existing feature, I think it should be.   An example where this feature is helpful …
    4 2
    Closed 4 views 2 comments Most recent by Steve N Archived 2016 Posts
  • Share resources between accounts
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    We have 2 different smart sheet accounts so we can brand them differently. The two different brands share resources.   Is there a way that we can share resources between the two accounts?   At the moment if a sheet is shared from brand…
    4 1
    Closed 4 views 1 comment Most recent by Travis Archived 2016 Posts
  • Auto-create form
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    I have a sheet that has about 100 columns, the column title is the category, the first row is a question. I know I could export it and concantate the header + first row, but that look bad and would interfere with reporting, etc.   It the…
    8 2
    Closed 8 views 2 comments Most recent by Jamison Archived 2016 Posts
  • Email Notifications & Google Forms
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Hi all,   I have recently been trying out the Google Forms integration with SmartSheet. The only issue I have come across so far is that I can't seem to get email notifications to work with any sheet that is linked with GF. I have many o…
    14 2
    Closed 14 views 2 comments Most recent by Devan Morin Archived 2016 Posts
  • Authentication
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Can we activate both Microsoft Azure AD and Email + Password authentication mode at once?    We would like to activate Azure AD to greant access of all users within our domain but also retain the ability to add non-domian users.    Plu…
    13 1
    Closed 13 views 1 comment Most recent by Travis Archived 2016 Posts
  • Lag days not included in project duration
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Should the lag days not be included in the overall project duration?  All tasks below the line in black, are subtasks and only the actual durations roll up.  
    4 2
    Closed 4 views 2 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams Archived 2016 Posts