Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Archived 2016 Posts

Archives for August 2016

Discussion List

• Row Height
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Is there a way to shrink row height, even if the font size does not want to allow? This is possible in MS Excel, even if lower parts of letters (like y, g, etc) are slightly cut off.
    443 3
    Closed 443 views 3 comments Most recent by 95766 Archived 2016 Posts
  • Sheet Roll-Up
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    I'm curious if there is a way to have a "higher level" sheet that pulls from other sheets.   That way, each individual on our team can have their own projects with greater detail and our supervisor can see a higher level view o…
    2168 15
    Closed 2.2K views 15 comments Most recent by [email protected] Archived 2016 Posts
  • Way to format column number to sort by number then letter?
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Hi, Hopefully a very basic question - how do I format a column so that a number with a letter added will sort after the original number. So similar to how a "16.5" would come after a "16", I want a "16A" to c…
    65 3
    Closed 65 views 3 comments Most recent by Greg Gates Archived 2016 Posts
  • How can I allocate part-time resources to tasks
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    I have a number of resources that work a specific number of hours a week but on a flexible basis and want smartsheet to be able to recognize that % allocation based on the number of hours that the resource is available?   Is there a way …
    53 4
    Closed 53 views 4 comments Most recent by Robert Jack Archived 2016 Posts
  • COUNTIF where cell contains checkmark EXAMPLE
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Need a 'countif' example, where cell contains a checkmark?
    3370 5
    Closed 3.4K views 5 comments Most recent by Tribeiro Archived 2016 Posts
  • sorting by row ID
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Dear Smartsheet users Community members,    can someone answer to my pretty basic question. i have a challenge to sort the table back to initial order per Row ID (1,2,3,4,5,6,7....) after sorting based on some other column info (e.g. dat…
    43 2
    Closed 43 views 2 comments Most recent by Zafar Yuldashev Archived 2016 Posts
  • Setting Milestones
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    I want to set the end date, and have my project manager set the duration which will in turn change the start date. Is this possible?
    11 1
    Closed 11 views 1 comment Most recent by Atus Bartal Archived 2016 Posts
  • Date/time stamp format on PDF export
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Hi   is it possible to/how can I change the format of the date/time stamp included when export to PDF?   I'm not sure where it is coming from, but it would be very nice to drop the "o'clock WEST' wording that is being included by …
    21 3
    Closed 21 views 3 comments Most recent by Kennedy Stomps Archived 2016 Posts
  • Edit Lanes in Card View
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Is there a way to change the field Card View uses as its lanes?  When I try to Edit the lanes, all it does it changes the name of the field in the Sheet view.  For example, Card View has selected the Confirmed field (a Yes/No field) as the…
    672 4
    Closed 672 views 4 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams Archived 2016 Posts
  • Conditional formatting based on location in hierachy
    In Archived 2016 Posts
    Please consider incorporating a functions level() and has_cildren() in the conditional formatting and reporting filters.  level() would give "0" if top level and "1","2" ... depending on the number of indenta…
    116 3
    Closed 116 views 3 comments Most recent by DSCarr1962 Archived 2016 Posts