Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Date/time stamp format on PDF export

epx99
epx99
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi

is it possible to/how can I change the format of the date/time stamp included when export to PDF?

I'm not sure where it is coming from, but it would be very nice to drop the "o'clock WEST' wording that is being included by default (see attached screen shot).

I am using Safari v9.1.1 on Mac OS 10.11.5

Thank you

Erik

Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 15.43.28.png

Comments

• Hi Erik-- That's an interesting date/time format! I think this is based on the time zone settings for your location. Could you try changing that to another location and see what the format looks like? This setting is accessible by going to Account > Personal Settings. If possible, it's also be helpful to have a screen capture of your current settings!

• Hi Kennedy,

yes, you're right, it's coming from the time zone setting in Personal Setting. I changed my time zone to 'GMT-4 US/Eastern' and PDF exported had "o'clock EST" instead of "o'clock WEST".

My time zone setting that produceed the "o'clock WEST" as in the screenshot attached.

My Smartsheet users are in the same time zone as me, so ideally it would be best to have the option to suppress the "o'clock WEST" wording completely, although if this is not possible, having just the wording "GMT+1" would be ok - the "o'clock" seems a bit unneccessary.

Thank you

Erik

Screen Shot 2016-09-03 at 11.34.43.png

• Hi Erik-- Thanks for the feedback! This makes complete sense to me--I'll pass this along to our Product team to consider changing in a future update.

This discussion has been closed.