Formulas and Functions

Archives for December 2018

Discussion List

• Auto fill column?
    In Formulas and Functions
    Hi, everyone. I don't know if this is a possibility or not but I'm hoping someone can help. I'm looking to see if it's possible to set a formula/equation/conditional formatting so that what's entered in one column will autofill another.  …
    595 3
    595 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • Start & Finish dates based on separate predecessors / or formula in duration
    I am trying to automate my schedule for a project as much as possible. I have a line for production start that is based on my current ship date but I have 9 shipments after that and would like to have the actual production line have a star…
    51 3
    51 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • How to I "not format" a number in a form?
    One of the questions on my form is what year(s) someone attended our annual meeting. The format is text/number. if someone attended in 2016, 2017, and 2018, the answer is being formatting with commas and displays as 201,620,172,018 even th…
    72 20
    72 views 20 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • How do I use a countif formula to count the number of various priorities?
    I have a column for priority which returns symbols.  Exclamation = high, dash = medium, and down arrow = low. I have tried various formulas and nothing is working.   I basically want to know the amount of highs, mediums, and lows in my s…
    82 3
    82 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • Linking smartsheet
    I have a master sheet that I am using to pull in data from the child sheets (linking). The child sheets are dynamic and new parents and childs could be added. 1. When linking i lose child sheet hierarchy on the master sheet. How do i main…
    1 1
    1 view 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • Score Formula
    I've created a scorecard in smartsheet and want to create a formula that does not allow the scorecard score to show as more than 100%. I think is should be something like If score >100%,100% but am not sure what the entire formula sho…
    44 4
    44 views 4 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Formula to calculate the Next [Future] date in a string of dates
    Hello, I'm looking for a way to find the next task due date. Ideally, I'll be able to look at a row with several date columns, and determine the next date. This would be the MIN Date that is Greater than Today's date.  I can easily get t…
    328 3
    328 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • COUNTIFS for 2 and 3 criterion
    Hello,  I am trying to have my formula count when the row has "Ken Mallory" for the name column and any date that equals January. This is what I have so far but it is Unparseable. Thanks for your help:) =COUNTIFS({Master Compli…
    81 1
    81 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • VLOOKUP for attachment on another sheet
    Smart sheet enables the user to upload attachments, which is useful. So what I do for my workflow is I have a full sheet dedicated for part number and part information, so when I type in a part number on the work order sheet it auto-fills …
    168 3
    168 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • Value function
    Having trouble with the formula below. Version 1 works and extracts what I need from a cell. I need to then convert that to a numeric value. Currently I get #invalid value. I'm missing something, and I bet it's dumb. ;)   * =MID([Active …
    41 9
    41 views 9 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions