Formulas and Functions

Archives for December 2018

Discussion List

• Data Validation
    In Formulas and Functions
    How can we validate data at cell level? I want different cell ranges (in the same column) give me different drop-down options. Right now I see that we can validate data at column level and not at cell level while Google Sheets and Excel al…
    85 1
    85 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • IF Text in any field between multiple columns, then equals text value
    I am having some issues using the "IF" formula. I'm trying to make it so if ANY VALUE is in the "CUT, FAB, WELD" columns then it will output the text "In Progress" to the "STATUS" Column, and if ther…
    518 7
    518 views 7 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday Formulas and Functions
  • After Reducing Cross-Sheet References
    Hello,  I hit my maximum cross sheet reference of 25000 - I removed a SUBSTANTIAL amount of columns that were pulling useless information (we realized we didn't really as much information like we thought we did.) But - since removing a hi…
    11 3
    11 views 3 comments Most recent by J. Craig Williams Formulas and Functions
  • SUMIFS - Multiple Formulas
    Hi I am trying to calculate the revenue for each leg of an event. The drop down options are "Spring", "Fall" or "Both". Using the following statements individually I can get part of the answer: =SUMIF(CHILDRE…
    1 3
    1 view 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • Nested IF Statement with RYGB Balls
    Hi, I'm trying to setup a nested IF statement to do the following: If DONE is checked then change the Status to Blue. If Due Date is more than 8 days out then make it Green. If Due Date is 7 days or less then make it Yellow. If Due Dat…
    12 1
    12 views 1 comment Most recent by Brian W Formulas and Functions
  • Update Request which create a new row
    Looking to have an update request that would create a new row (much like a form would do). Here is the situation: - Row with Project Name, PMs, etc... A PMs has more than 1 project.  I need to calculate the weekly hours for stats purpose…
    174 7
    174 views 7 comments Most recent by Christopher Brown Formulas and Functions
  • VLOOKUP return the second value that is finds in the table
    Hi, I am looking for a formula that can return the first, second, third ... value in the table. Using Vlookup will only return the first match   Any suggestions!!   Thanks Fadi  
    65 7
    65 views 7 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • Returning a cell value if false
    Hello all. Pretty new to Smartsheet here. I am trying to create a call that checks if one column, Trip, contains a value 1st, if it does NOT contain the value 1st, I want it to populate the contents of the corresponding cell in column J…
    390 4
    390 views 4 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Sum the number of Grandchildren check boxes
    Hi all! I'm trying to figure out the formula for how to sum the number of check boxes from the parents. I have the children figured out but it is the summing of the parents that isn't working.  (See Picture) I would expect the Retail lin…
    23 2
    23 views 2 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Date Modified
    I have a sheet with a list of assets. There is a pull down menu that defines the status - I need to know when the menu is set to "complete". I can do that easily with a filter - but I want to cull the entries before a specific da…
    1966 8
    2K views 8 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions