Formulas and Functions

Archives for September 2019

Discussion List

• Assigning numeric values to drop down menu options
    In Formulas and Functions
    I want to assign a unique numeric value to each of the options in a drop down menu column, and have that numeric value display in an adjacent cell.   Drop down menu options in each cell are: Needs Contributor Contributor Reviewing Rea…
    184 6
    184 views 6 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday Formulas and Functions
  • Using If/Then Formula
    I'm new to Smartsheet and have a drop down menu that needs to tie to another column/field I am trying to create a if/then formula but obviously I'm doing something wrong as I keep getting an #UNPARSEABLE error.  I'm trying to say "if …
    21 9
    21 views 9 comments Most recent by MgtCon Formulas and Functions
  • Multiple IF Statements -- Status Updates
    Hello,   I am trying to put together a sheet that reflects as a holistic "Status Update" depending on whether or not something has been "Approved", is "Pending", or has been "Denied". I attached a…
    Accepted
    71 6
    Accepted Answer 71 views 6 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Formula value
    Hi,   I have a job file that uses several VLOOKUP formulas to extract customer information, order and delivery date. When the task is finished I would like the information retrieved wirt the formulas to be embed in the task document so …
    12 3
    12 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • How do I populate a Contact List column using VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH
    Is there a way to populate a Contacts column on a sheet using VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH and have the actual contacts from the original sheet populate into the new sheet as opposed to just the names? A bit more detail: The original contact co…
    255 3
    255 views 3 comments Most recent by Mike Wilday Formulas and Functions
  • COUNTIF based on a category
    Hi I have a sheet which looks at another sheet and counts the number of instances of a string appear in that column based on a string in the current sheet and that works. I now want the sheet to look at the other sheet, carry out the COU…
    11 3
    11 views 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • Formula with OR Statement
    Good evening:   I am trying to add an OR to the formula below:   =COUNTIFS(Priority:Priority, ="P1", Status:Status, ="Potential") Potential or Active   Thanks for your help in advance!
    AB Profile Photo AB
    31 2
    31 views 2 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Formula for summarized health indicators for discrete categories
    Hello, Perhaps this has been answered elsewhere - in which case I appreciate being redirected.  I am trying to determine if it is possible to create formulae that summarizes a health indicator symbol (Red, Yellow, Green) across multiple …
    32 1
    32 views 1 comment Most recent by Debbie Sawyer Formulas and Functions
  • Centrally Manage Drop Down Lists for Multiple Sheets
    I work with a small Real Estate company and we lean heavily on Smartsheet for all of our task and workflow management. We have built a system of task lists, workflows, and meeting agendas that all work very well, but at the moment we have …
    402 4
    402 views 4 comments Most recent by htulliez Formulas and Functions
  • If and if/and statement
    I'm trying to do an if statement for if a cell is blank to leave it blank and if not to perform an if/and statement. I did it in Excel but when I imported the file into Smartsheet it wasn’t working. So I’m trying to write it in Smartsheet.…
    11 5
    11 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions