Formula value

Options
ydionne
ydionne
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

Hi,

I have a job file that uses several VLOOKUP formulas to extract customer information, order and delivery date.

When the task is finished I would like the information retrieved wirt the formulas to be embed in the task document so the task file can stop looking for the information.

I currently use the Paste special but this can not be automated.

Thanks 

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

Not sure I follow!

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• ydionne
    ydionne
    edited 10/03/19
    Options

Hi Andrée

here a print screen of my current work sheet.

The main document, "sales order", is a task list that refers to 2 other documents. One of the documents, "product condition", consists of typical time data to achieve different product. The second document, "import", is used to import information about active orders with their respective delivery date from an SQL database.

When receiving the sales order to be produced, the number is entered in the main "sales order" document. It imports the delivery date via the "import" file. A retro-dating is done using the "product condition" document to determine the start date and the end date so that the delivery date is respected.

The problem is with the document "import". When an order is completed, the delivery date information is no longer entered in the "import" document. So in the main document empty boxes appear.

Smartsheet shoot.png

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ok.

The third-party service, Zapier could be an excellent option for this scenario. Is that an option for you? Another option could be the Smartsheet API.

Would any of those options work?

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!