Multiple IF Statements -- Status Updates

Hello,

I am trying to put together a sheet that reflects as a holistic "Status Update" depending on whether or not something has been "Approved", is "Pending", or has been "Denied".

I attached a photo that shows what I am trying to get my sheet to reflect and what is happening with returned values.

Here are the examples of what I want my formula to do:

IF: SR. Site Superintendent Approval? = YES & Sr. Project Manager Approval? = YES then Final Status will be "APPROVED"

IF one of these columns say "NO" at all I need to Final Status column to reflect "Denied"

If both of the columns say "Pending" I need it to reflect "Pending"

If one of the statuses reads "Pending" and one says "Yes" I still need it to reflect "Pending" 

This is what I have been trying to get to work, but it keeps returning "0" in some of my columns, and also placing a "0" at the beginning of my "Denied" return. 

Help?

=IF(AND([Sr. Site Superintendent Approval?]16 = "PENDING", [Sr. Project Manager Approval?]16 = "PENDING"), "PENDING") + IF(AND([Sr. Site Superintendent Approval?]16 = "YES", [Sr. Project Manager Approval?]16 = "YES"), "APPROVED") + IF(OR([Sr. Site Superintendent Approval?]16 = "NO", [Sr. Project Manager Approval?]16 = "NO"), "DENIED")

Also Note: I was trying to add rules about "Pending If one said "Pending" and one said "Yes" = "Pending" but the formula kept returning strange.

IF Statements.PNG

Best Answer

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!