Formulas and Functions

Archives for May 2021

Discussion List

• Duplicating a column of data from one sheet into another
    In Formulas and Functions
    We run a Master Sheet containing many rows (Projects) and columns (works required). We would like to share a smaller number of columns to an external party. Normally I would create a Report, select the necessary rows and hit Publish, howe…
    Answered - Pending Review
    11 4
    Answered - Pending Review 11 views 4 comments Most recent by Mark Cronk Formulas and Functions
  • Merging A list to show unique value/identifier
    Hi Smarties, I am wondering if anyone could share some ideas on this. I have a list of available products. Some of these products are repetitive in the list. For example I would like to show a list of AVAILABLE products in the dashboard,…
    Accepted
    11 5
    Accepted Answer 11 views 5 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • Formula Challenge
    Hi Smarties, I am trying to get this formula right in the Formula Challenge from Smartsheet. I am not sure what I did wrong so hoping fellow Smarties could help! In the Parent Row symbols column, write a formula that returns the most co…
    Accepted
    11 7
    Accepted Answer 11 views 7 comments Most recent by Mark Cronk Formulas and Functions
  • Automatically Select Contact With Column Formula
    Hi, I am fairly new to smartsheet so I apologize if this is a basic question. I am trying to automatically populate a contact column with a single contact indefinitely. For context, it's just so that in a separate report that pulls from ma…
    1 1
    Answered - Pending Review 1 view 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • Parent-Child: Collecting Child Information
    Good Day Smartsheet Community: Does anyone have a Formula that would Collect info from the Child and place in the Parent Cell? For Example: Parent Cell Result: Red, Blue, Green Child Info: Red Blue Green Thanks
    Accepted
    1 4
    Accepted Answer 1 view 4 comments Most recent by Ray B Formulas and Functions
  • Count if with Multiple Columns
    Hi, This might be a simple question but I've been a little stumped by what syntax to use and hoping you can help. I have one column (Test Case Type) that has 3 options to pick from 'Original', 'E2E', or 'PAT'. I have Another column 'IC Rev…
    11 2
    Answered - Pending Review 11 views 2 comments Most recent by Tim Pruitt Formulas and Functions
  • Duplicate
    Hello, I was able to find a formula that works to ignore blank cells and identify duplicates but the first entry is also being labeled a duplicate. Is there a way to ignore the first entry and only add duplicate to all proceeding? =IF(AND…
    12 2
    Answered - Pending Review 12 views 2 comments Most recent by Angela Campbell Formulas and Functions
  • I wish to count column A with a fixed value, with a unique date in Column B
    Column A Column B Smith 5/27/21 Jones 5/27/21 Smith 5/29/21 Smith 5/27/21 I want to count column A with "…
    Accepted
    11 4
    Accepted Answer 11 views 4 comments Most recent by Genevieve P. Formulas and Functions
  • IF Statement with nested OR
    I am trying to write a formula and I am not entirely sure if it is possible. I have 3 columns, Status, Internal only, and Archived. I am trying to write a formula for the status column to mark it Green, Yellow or Red. If the archived colu…
    Accepted
    21 16
    Accepted Answer 21 views 16 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Collect hour and date - Task completed
    Hi, Is there a way to have a column who collect automatically date and hour when an another column has a check box check?
    1 3
    Answered - Pending Review 1 view 3 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions