Formulas and Functions

Archives for May 2021

Discussion List

• Two Levels up PARENT formula
    In Formulas and Functions
    HI THERE! Would like to ask if there is a formula that allow us to access the parent row but always the level 2 hierarchy. Normally, PARENT() solves the inmmediate parent only. Much appreciated.
    Answered - Pending Review
    6 1
    Answered - Pending Review 6 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • Countif w/ multi drop down
    Hi, I have a list of drop down items: I am trying to total the amount of those selected on another sheet. (How many rows contain those three items bundled together). I am getting an error message when I try: =COUNTIFS({LOA Tracker Range …
    6 1
    Answered - Pending Review 6 views 1 comment Most recent by Mark Cronk Formulas and Functions
  • JOIN/COLLECT when referencing a Dropdown (Multi Select)
    I am trying to use a conditional IF based JOIN/COLLECT to generate a phrase in another column for notification purposes, but the column that the JOIN/COLLECT is referencing is a multi-select column and I can’t figure out a way to join mult…
    6 1
    Answered - Pending Review 6 views 1 comment Most recent by Mark Cronk Formulas and Functions
  • Joining cells of multiple columns into one cell
    I would like to gather the row responses in the columns outlined in red into the column outlined in green so that I can display just one column in a report instead of several. I have the following format I am starting from. It works well f…
    7 1
    Answered - Pending Review 7 views 1 comment Most recent by Mark Cronk Formulas and Functions
  • Max Function but with Text
    Hello Smartsheet Community: I want the Overall column to look at Issue A, Issue B, Issue C and Issue D and return the highest level. The levels are No Deficiencies, Low, Medium and High. Is that possible with text? See screen shot. I know…
    6 1
  • Calendar View in a Report
    I have our main schedule linked out to a report so we can filter each locations calendar. On the computer I can view everything correctly when I filter out certain locations. However, on the mobile app only a few of the events will popul…
    5 1
    Answered - Pending Review 5 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • If(AND Statement between 2 Sheets
    I have a form that is filled out by a handful of managers through our organization. I am working on creating a roll up to confirm that the form is completed by each person each month, and link it to an automation. I was trying to do a if a…
    16 2
    Answered - Pending Review 16 views 2 comments Most recent by Katy Miller Formulas and Functions
  • How do I apply a formula to an entire column?
    I have a data sheet with a column labeled "DUE DATE". When someone submits a form I want the due date to automatically update to be two days from date of submission. I have it auto populating to current date, and know the formula…
    Accepted
    7 1
    Accepted Answer 7 views 1 comment Most recent by Streamline Technology Formulas and Functions
  • Cell link from report
    Can you link a cell from a report to a sheet?
    5 1
    Answered - Pending Review 5 views 1 comment Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • Bulk copy folder to list of users
    Is there a way to bulk copy a Smartsheet folder to a specific list of users? The set of users is a mix of licensed and unlicensed.
    5 2
    Answered - Pending Review 5 views 2 comments Most recent by Aprylli Bernarte Formulas and Functions