Formulas and Functions

Archives for November 2021

Discussion List

• Flag Duplicate
    In Formulas and Functions
    Hi I have a smartsheet that is essentially setup like this: Start Date End Date Start Time End Time Equipment 10/01/2021 10/01/2021 08:00 10:00 Shovel #1 10/01/2021 10/02/2021 07:00 …
    Answered - Pending Review
    18 1
    Answered - Pending Review 18 views 1 comment Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Autofill and then Hardcode
    Hello, everyone. New day, new question. I would like the values in row 1 to fill into row 2 if "Check to Fill Material Lots" is checked. Should be simple enough with =if([Check to Fill Material Lots]@row = true, [GSP-1]1), right?…
    Accepted
    21 2
    Accepted Answer 21 views 2 comments Most recent by J.H. Lim Formulas and Functions
  • Workday Function Counting Holidays on Another Sheet
    Trying to make a function where it counts holidays referenced on another sheet. The formula I am using is =WORKDAY([Test Out Date]@row, 30, {Reference Sheet Column Location}) and I am getting an "Invalid Data Type" error Any ide…
    Accepted
    16 3
    Accepted Answer 16 views 3 comments Most recent by Genevieve P. Formulas and Functions
  • How do i make a formula that references the first child row?
    i have a sheet where i'm trying to track recurring payments and give me and easy way to see the upcoming payments. currently the status column has a formula that turns yellow ahead of the payment due date to alert me that i need to start…
    Accepted
    20 3
    Accepted Answer 20 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • How to combine two IF formulas into one formula
    Hey Smartsheet Community, I was able to get the info I wanted using three different formulas but I wanted to know if it was possible to make this work with one big formula? Formula 1 - Symbol Colors for Major Project Completion Status =IF…
    Accepted
    21 3
    Accepted Answer 21 views 3 comments Most recent by Heather Duff Formulas and Functions
  • Need assistance with adjusting formula to allow for 0 duration milestones in my Auto Health formula.
    Hi - I am using the following formula to display the auto health of each row in my sheet. I now need to capture key milestones, which have a "0" duration and need to adjust my formula to allow for this. Currently, as you can see …
    16 3
    Answered - Pending Review 16 views 3 comments Most recent by Genevieve P. Formulas and Functions
  • Need a Formula that only applies to Parent rows
    I am trying to figure out a formula that will only apply to parent rows. I want the Parent % complete to calculate on the total percentage of all child rows. The embedded formula depends on a duration, and I do not want that. The current f…
    17 10
    Answered - Pending Review 17 views 10 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Formula to show Current Status of Project Approval
    Not sure if this would be accomplished easier with a Formula or with a Update Cell Workflow. We have a Projects Smartsheet that have 4 different Reviewers that need to approve. I'm looking to add another column for Reporting purposes that…
    Accepted
    28 5
    Accepted Answer 28 views 5 comments Most recent by SChristJLL Formulas and Functions
  • Formula to return a date that always lands on Wednesday
    Hi, I'm trying to create a formula that takes a date and returns a date that is the following Wednesday. So it is always a date that starts on a Wednesday. This is the formula I've tried, but it's not working. =IF(WEEKDAY([Task Name]29)&l…
    9 3
    Answered - Pending Review 9 views 3 comments Most recent by bcassidy33 Formulas and Functions
  • Add a ranking list
    Hello, I am new to this site and fairly new to Smartsheet. I would like to provide a list and have participants rank the list by providing 1,2,3 etc to indicate their preferences. Can anyone provide a formula for this please? Thank you.
    15 5
    Answered - Pending Review 15 views 5 comments Most recent by Genevieve P. Formulas and Functions