My Tasks Report - source formatting not coming through, and privacy

Nat
Nat ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm rolling out my masterpiece to a group with high expectations today! I'm worrying about 2 things that maybe someone knows the answer to:

1 - The My Tasks report isn't showing the source formatting. I don't see other questions in here re that.

2 - What are the right sharing settings to allow them to fill out their "current update" section on the report, but not allow them to change the filter to see the results for other members of the source sheet? Is "editor - can share" good enough for that?

Thanks!

Tags:

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

1 - The formatting has always pulled through in reports from the sheets in my experience except for when there are different data types within the column such as text values in some cells and numeric values in other cells (within the same column).

2 - They will need at least Editor - Cannot Share access to both the report and the underlying sheet(s) to be able to edit cells with the report. Editors on a report cannot change the report filters.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Nat
    Nat ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks so much @Paul Newcome

I will check carefully to see if something like that is preventing the formatting.

And thank you for setting my mind at ease about the filter!