Is it possible to create bulk/multiple sheets using Create Sheet API in a single call?

Options
nishikamanira
nishikamanira ✭✭
edited 04/11/23 in API & Developers

Is it possible to create bulk/multiple sheets using Create Sheet API in a single call?

FYI: I am aware of looping the request to create multiple sheets, but how can I perform bulk creation within a single call?

Please help me with knowing how to achieve this. The response schema in the API documentation allows me to think bulk operation on "https://api.smartsheet.com/2.0/sheets" endpoint is possible as it shows success and partial success as well.

However the request body demonstrates only a single sheet creation.

Thank you in advance.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @nishikamanira

I don't believe there's a way to create multiple sheets at one time using a bulk operation and an array within the Post > Create Sheet.

The resultCode portion here that you see lists standard response possibilities for the POST method. The possible result codes overall are success or partial success, however partial success may not be a possibility for every endpoint. Here's more information on Bulk Operations.

I would suggest looping the request as you noted.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• nishikamanira
    Options

Thank you @Genevieve P. for the elaborate answer. It definitely helped in clearing out my query.

Thanks,

Have a nice day.