functionality

Discussion List

• SUMIFs not working in Smartsheet VS Excel
    In Formulas and Functions
    I have the following table in excel if i use the function =SUMIFS($C$2:$C$5,$A$2:$A$5,101,$B$2:$B$5,"Approval") it will return the value of the approval date - 1/1/2020 however when i do this in smartsheet, the formula returns …
    Accepted
    34 5
    Accepted Answer 34 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Cell in child row display value from parent row (but different column)
    Hi, I am having issues getting a formula to work to show the value from a parent row in a child row when the parent row value is from a different column. For the example below I would want a formula for the Associated Project column to alw…
    Accepted
    311 4
    Accepted Answer 311 views 4 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • Countifs and OR statement
    I'm trying to have a formula that will work if one column matches specific criteria and then if another column matches one of two criteria. I have been able to get it to work for one of the criteria from the second column by writing =(COU…
    Accepted
    419 5
    Accepted Answer 419 views 5 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Calculate the total rows but exclude the same name
    What kind of function combination that i can use to calculate the total row but excluded the same name, as follows (green highlight).
    Accepted
    34 3
    Accepted Answer 34 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Report Builder - 'Who' Functionality
    In Using Smartsheet
    Hello, I'll preface this by saying that I think the answer is no, but I wanted to check for other people's thoughts. In our project plans, we have a Project Manager field that lives in a Contact type column. There are many projects we ru…
    Accepted
    41 3
    Accepted Answer 41 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Using Smartsheet
  • If a cell does not contain a period
    Looking for the syntax for if a cell does not contain . (a period) This is not working =IF([Work #]1 <> "*.*", "No", "Yes")
    Answered - Pending Review
    246 11
    Answered - Pending Review 246 views 11 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • MULTIPLE LINE (CHILDREN) IN ONE FORM
    Hi. I am thinking of automating our Supplies Request using Smartsheet. Inside a Supplies Request Form, you can request more than 1 materials/supplies. What should I do inside a form to make requestor request more than 1 materials/suppli…
    108 2
    Answered - Pending Review 108 views 2 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • List of All Forms Associated with an Account
    Is there a location within the master account admin to see a list of all forms associated with our Smartsheet account? We need to make a master table of contents (in Smartsheet) so that our internal employees have access to all company Sma…
    49 3
    Answered - Pending Review 49 views 3 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions
  • Baseline/Actual Schedule formula help
    Hello all, I'm looking for some help with formulas in my schedule. With the schedule templet, I can insert the dates into the "start" and "finish" columns, the cells will auto populate. I would like to add two additiona…
    Accepted
    463 13
    Accepted Answer 463 views 13 comments Most recent by Andrée Starå Formulas and Functions
  • Nested VLOOKUP statement error
    I am receiving an error with the following nested VLOOKUP statement. I've included an image that might help to better explain. Unfortunately, I have looked at this so many times and tried so many combinations that I'm afraid it is a simp…
    Accepted
    141 7
    Accepted Answer 141 views 7 comments Most recent by Paul Newcome Formulas and Functions